Karla Martinez To Co-host Siempre Mujer Music Festival
Event to feature concert by Los Tigres del Norte; Cooking tips from Doreen Colondres
Gilberto Santa Rosa to perform and hold meet-and-greet with fans!
More Festival acts, Tanger Outlets Fashion Show, and CNN en Espanol panel announced
CHARLESTON, S.C. and NEW YORK, June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SIEMPRE MUJER, the largest Spanish-language magazine for Hispanic women in the U.S., announces Karla Martinez, co-host of Univision's "Despierta America," as the evening co-host of the Siempre Mujer Music Festival, to be held on June 16, 2012 at the Family Circle Stadium in Charleston, S.C. The festival, presented by Ford and hosted by Siempre Mujer's Editor in Chief Maria Cristina Marrero, is comprised of an evening concert starring Los Tigres del Norte, Gilberto Santa Rosa and Chino y Nacho and free daytime activities for the entire family.
Beginning at 9:30 a.m. and throughout the day, attendees will enjoy a variety of free events such as:
- Meet and greets with celebrities including Gilberto Santa Rosa, Univision's Karla Martinez, and The Charleston Battery soccer team
- Panel discussion of important immigration issues during a "roundtable" hosted by CNN en Espanol's Juan Carlos Lopez
- A runway fashion show hosted by Siempre Mujer Editor-in-Chief Maria Cristina Marrero and Executive Editor Ursula Carranza, featuring the latest summer fashion trends presented by top retailers from the Tanger Outlets Charleston, S.C.
- Beauty Horoscope Session with astrologer Carlos Javier Aranzales and Siempre Mujer's Maria Cristina Marrero will discuss beauty trends that reflect for everyone based on their zodiac sign
- Celebrity chef Doreen Colondres will share delicious tips for creating great indoor and outdoor family meals
- "How-to's" of jump-starting your own business presented by the South Carolina Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Unlimited learning adventures for children and their families provided by The Children's Museum of the Lowcountry (CML)
- Health and wellness tent including pediatric counseling and referrals; screenings for blood glucose, blood pressure, and cholesterol; and massage therapy provided by Keys2Wellness.org
The once-in-a-lifetime evening concert will kick off at 6 p.m. Tickets to the evening concert are on sale at the venue box office, Ticketmaster locations, www.Ticketmaster.com, and (800) 745-3000; prices range from $25-$69 (plus fees, where applicable).
"The Charleston community is in for a treat this June 16 when they join us at the Siempre Mujer Music Festival to celebrate and be inspired by Hispanic culture. Our talented editorial staff, contributing editors, corporate partners and celebrity guests will help us bring our magazine to life through their enthusiasm, positivity and expertise," said Maria Cristina Marrero, editor-in-chief of Siempre Mujer.
The Siempre Mujer Music Festival is presented by Ford and sponsored by Garnier Fructis; the Charleston Area Convention and Visitors Bureau; CNN en Espanol; ELLA TV; Coca-Cola Bottling Co.; Tanger Outlets Charleston, S.C.; and Ser Padres magazine. The onsite charity partner is Casa de Esperanza.
For more information on programming and performing artists, and to participate in special promotions, please visit www.SiempreMujer.com/festival2012, or follow us on Facebook (www.Facebook.com/RevistaSiempreMujer) and Twitter (@SiempreMujer).
About Siempre Mujer
Launched in September 2005, Siempre Mujer is the first-ever Spanish-language lifestyle publication for Hispanic women living in the United States. Published by Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP), Siempre Mujer reflects the latest in beauty, fashion, lifestyle, and the dreams of Hispanic women who keep their traditions alive as they embrace new American values. The magazine also serves as a tool for self-development, skill-building and better living among Hispanic women in the U.S. The bi-monthly national magazine has a rate base of 550,000 and an audience of more than 3.5 million.
SOURCE Siempre Mujer