Kashi Company Helps More People Enjoy Real Food One Spoon At A Time
The Kashi REAL Project's Latest Campaign Supports Spoons Across America®
- The Kashi REAL Project has donated more than $700,000 to support select nonprofits that are helping more people enjoy real food.
- Kashi's latest campaign will donate $10 to @SpoonsAAmerica if you share a message via Kashi's Facebook page (up to $35,000).
LA JOLLA, Calif., Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Kashi, the premier natural food and lifestyle company, has launched its latest Facebook campaign with Spoons Across America, the source for children's culinary education, dedicated to educating children, teachers and families about the benefits of healthy eating. The campaign is part of a long-term initiative, the Kashi REAL Project™, which champions the work of nonprofits that help more people enjoy real food through greater access and education. Through Dec. 20, 2012, for each person who helps share Spoons Across America's message via Kashi's Facebook page, Kashi will donate $10 to the organization, up to $35,000*.
Spoons Across America offers food- and nutrition-based educational programs for elementary and middle school students to inspire healthy eating and help them learn about the origin of their food. In one program, The Dinner Party Project, elementary students learn about nutrition, local and seasonal eating, cooking skills, and the importance of sharing family meals, all while producing a dinner party for their families.
"Helping more people enjoy real food is a mission that inspired us over 25 years ago, and we're thrilled to continue supporting organizations like Spoons Across America that are making a difference in their communities," said Lara Gish, Ambassador of REAL Goodwill at Kashi. "While overcoming the Real Food Deficit is a huge challenge, these nonprofits are making great progress and we're deeply committed to the mission we share with them."
Kashi's 2012 Featured Organizations
The Kashi REAL Project has also championed seven additional nonprofits this year throughout the country. By featuring the organizations on its cereal boxes and supporting them with $700,000 in donations to date, primarily through Facebook campaigns, Kashi is helping to support the following activities:
- Common Vision: Planting approximately 35 orchards in California schools and community centers, which will provide thousands of pounds of free, fresh fruit in the years ahead
- Cooking Matters Colorado®: Providing 1,000 people with the skills and resources they need to prepare healthy meals on a limited budget
- Junior Leagues' Kids in the Kitchen: Awarding Junior Leagues in 30 communities with grants ranging between $2,500 and $5,000 to support their program which provides nutrition education and hands-on cooking activities to help kids and families lead healthier lifestyles
- Just Food: Offering more than 7,000 New Yorkers more fresh produce and cooking classes through its "Fresh Food For All" program
- Solid Ground: Introducing hands-on gardening, nutrition and cooking classes for more than 150 kids and families in Seattle
- Wholesome Wave: Assisting with their Double-Value Coupon program which allows more than 39,000 families in need to have greater access to local, affordable, fresh produce by doubling the value of federal assistance or food stamps at more than 300 farmers markets across the country
In support of the nonprofit HealthCorps®, the program recently helped provide more than 14,000 students with nutrition, culinary and gardening lessons at 66 schools across the country to help them realize the importance of making healthy choices.
"Kashi and HealthCorps share a vision for healthy living. Through the Kashi REAL Project, we've been able to help more high school students and faculty members make positive, lifelong changes by sharing the importance of making healthier choices," said Michelle Bouchard, president of HealthCorps. "As we strive to reach our goal of empowering high schools in all 50 states with our mission, we're grateful for Kashi's continued dedication to our cause."
About Kashi Company
Founded in 1984, Kashi dreams of a world where everyone embraces natural health. As a natural lifestyle pioneer, Kashi is passionate about and committed to improving the health of people and our planet. By providing great tasting, nutritious and innovative foods, Kashi enables people to achieve optimal health and wellness, while also leading them on a path toward embracing a natural lifestyle. Kashi also champions non-profit organizations working to keep real food in the minds and hands of communities across the country through the Kashi REAL Project. To learn more about 25 years of Kashi's mission, sustainable efforts, values and roots, visit Kashi.com.
Kashi's products are natural, minimally processed and free of highly refined sugars, artificial additives and preservatives. Kashi® brands and foods include: GOLEAN® cereals and bars; Kashi® Heart to Heart® cereal, instant oatmeal and whole grain crackers; Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Puffs, Honey Puffs, Nuggets and Flakes cereals; Kashi® Good Friends® cereal; Kashi® Autumn Wheat®, Cinnamon Harvest®, Island Vanilla®, Strawberry Fields® Simply Maize® and Indigo Morning® (organic) cereals; Kashi® Honey Sunshine® and Berry Blossoms® cereals; Kashi® Black Currant Walnut cereal; Kashi® chewy and crunchy granola bars, layered granola bars, soft-baked cereal bars, soft 'n chewy bars and soft-baked squares; Kashi® snack crackers, pita crisps and cookies; Kashi® all natural frozen waffles, entrees, steam meals and pizzas; and Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Pilaf.
*For every LIKE, the statement related to the Real Food Deficit will be shared on the user's Facebook page and Kashi will donate $10 dollars, up to a maximum of $35,000 to Spoons Across America. The donation status will be updated every 24 hours. Limit one LIKE per statement per Facebook account. There is a strict limit of one entry per person. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this rule or any other automated or programmed means, any donation will be void. The program will begin at 12:00am ET 11/29/12 and ends at 11:59 pm ET 12/20/12 or until the maximum donation is reached. Spoons Across America will receive a minimum donation of $10,000. Must be a registered Facebook user to participate. This application is published by Kashi, which is solely responsible for its content. This program is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
SOURCE Kashi Company