LONDON, November 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
New Look successfully launched its innovative retail concept store in Marble Arch complete with a Kelly Brook Blippar enabled window display. Kelly Brook was in store to cut the ribbon and try out the new Blippar POS for her new make up range. The store is one of the new premium and boutique stores featuring cutting edge technology including Blippar enabled Kelly Brook POS. The store, of course, also features New Look's customary range of fabulous clothing, including evening dresses and jeans.
- The high-tech store includes Blippar enabled POS for Kelly Brook's new make up range.
- Customers are able to blipp the POS to load rich media content enabling them to try on Kelly Brook's nail varnish range as well as having their photo taken with Kelly and watch an exclusive New Look video of Kelly talking about her new make up range.
- To blipp the window display customers need to download the free Blippar app then scan Kelly Brook's signature to load interactive content.
- The augmented retail experience is the first of its kind on the high street and sets a new precedent for all New Look stores.
- The Kelly Brook window display will be featured on over 700 stores throughout Europe.
- The New Look store is the first of its kind with technology at the forefront and even features a Bodymetrics scanner.
James Shepherd of Blippar commented:
"This is a real ground breaking moment for both Blippar and New Look. Being able to work with the New Look team on creating some exciting and engaging content for its customers to interact with whilst they shop brings a whole new dimension to browsing. The window display looks fantastic and we can't wait to see it rolled out across other New Look stores. Having Kelly Brook involved in this too just adds to the excitement."
Natalie Pead, Head of Multi Channel at New Look commented:
"Marble Arch, Blippar and Kelly Brook are the perfect ingredients to showcase the New Look Multi Channel vision, resulting in an innovative, unique shopping experience. The Blippar technology enables us to continue to ensure that our girls continue to look good, feel great - and most importantly, have fun."
About New Look
Founded in 1969 New Look has 626 stores in the UK and ROI, a transactional website and 308 stores in France trading under the name Mim. In addition, New Look has 51 New Look branded stores in France, Belgium and Holland and 118 franchise stores including UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and Saudi Arabia.
- 43% of the British female population (aged 13+ years; excluding Northern Ireland) has purchased an item of Womenswear (includes Women's Outer/Sports, Nightwear, Underwear, Hosiery, Footwear & Accessories) from New Look in the past year (52 w/e 10th June 2012). This amounts to about 10.5 million individuals
- New Look are the No.1 volume retailer in women's dresses (24w/e 10th June 2012)
- New Look has a volume share of 5.4% in the Women's Clothing & Accessories market (24w/e 10th June 2012)
- New Look has a value share of 5.6% in the Women's Clothing & Accessories market (24w/e 10th June 2012)
- New Look are the No.1 retailer in ladies clothing & accessories market in value in the under 35yrs market (24w/e 10th June 2012)
- On average a shopper spends £72 on women's clothing and accessories per year and £37 on footwear in New Look (52w/e 10th June 2012)
(Source: Kantar Worldpanel Fashion)
New Look Group Ltd
Wells & More, 45 Mortimer Street, London, W1W 8HJ, United Kingdom. Telephone: +44-(0)203-219-7000 Fax: +44-(0)203-219-7001 http://www.newlook.co.uk
VAT No GB429214460 Registered Office: Mercery Road, Weymouth, Dorset, DT3 5HJ, United Kingdom. Registered in England No 3113468
SOURCE New Look