HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., June 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- For generations, the Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard brands have been synonymous with appliances, tools and automotive batteries. Today, the brands announced their entry into two additional product categories with the launch of Kenmore televisions and DieHard tires. In addition, the Kenmore and Craftsman brands announce five new products for the connected home.
"The Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard brands are trusted American legacy brands that are woven into the fabric of our American home lifestyle," said Tom Park, president of Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard brands. "We're there when you grab your lunch from your Kenmore refrigerator and use your Craftsman garage door opener as you leave home. A DieHard battery powers your car and now you can ride on DieHard tires on your drive to work. You can adjust the temperature of your home from your office with a Kenmore thermostat, before returning home to watch your Kenmore TV. We're unleashing the power of these iconic brands by entering into these new categories and introducing connected home solutions that provide peace of mind - saving time, energy and money."
"The addition of Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard connected products further improves our Connected Solutions offering," said Ryan Ciovacco, president of Consumer Electronics and Connected Living at Sears Holdings. "By integrating some of these products with our Sears Home Services business, the nation's largest provider of home services, our members now have access to a one-stop shop for trusted connected home brands."
"When you think of auto batteries you think of DieHard. Now, not only will DieHard power your vehicle, it will also cover your journey when the rubber hits the road," said Brian Kaner, president of Sears Auto. "Adding the trusted DieHard brand to our tire line-up is one more way we're creating lasting relationships with our members so they can focus on running their lives, not worrying about their vehicle."
New Consumer Electronics and Automotive Tires:
- Displaying stunning picture quality and sharp resolution, the Kenmore HDTV boasts the performance members have come to expect from the brand in a new area of the home. Entertainment gurus can enjoy:
- Five picture modes - Standard, dynamic, movie, user and game - to customize every viewing experience
- Available Sizes: 32-inches, 40-inches, 50-inches
Kenmore Elite UHDTV
- Offering exquisite 4K ultra high definition video form, the Kenmore Elite UHDTV is the perfect centerpiece to any home theater at an affordable price. Users can enjoy never-before-seen details from their favorite shows and movies with:
- Dolby® Digital Plus™* technology: enhances sound from connected computers, smartphones and tablets
- Smooth Motion 120 technology: Provides ultra-clarity during action-packed sequences
- LCD display: With a dynamic black light to create high contrast and vivid color
- Available Sizes: 50-inches, 55-inches, 65-inches.
DieHard Silver Touring All-Season Tires
- Finally, a tire that lives up to its name. DieHard Silver Touring A/S Tires offer exceptional ride comfort, durability, handling, steering response and a symmetric tread design that delivers outstanding performance regardless of season or condition. Other features include:
- Advanced carbon tread compound: Delivers outstanding wet and dry grip
- Nylon belt edge layers: Provides a higher degree of durability and stability
- Full-depth sipes: Effective for the life of the tire, they cut through water film for greater wet traction and maximize all-season performance, even during harsh winters
New Connected Home Products:
Kenmore Elite 24 cu. ft. Counter-Depth French Door Bottom-Mount Smart Refrigerator
- The Kenmore Elite 24 cu. ft. Counter-Depth French Door Bottom-Mount Smart Refrigerator offers homeowners modern convenience and intelligent technology to make life easier. When using a wireless device, homeowners can manage:
- Always On Alerts: Provides instant notifications including how long the refrigerator door is open and errors like power outage that could cause food to spoil
- Customizable Settings: Including refrigerator and freezer temperatures for energy saving and vacation modes
- The Kenmore Elite Super Capacity Front Load Laundry Pair is the largest capacity laundry duo from the brand. It includes connected features that make it possible to personalize the way the smart pair operates to fit busy schedules and daily routines, such as:
- Extra cycles: A cycle for any cleaning task -- offering14 wash cycles and 16 dry cycle selections that are available for download via the Kenmore Smart app
- Helpful alerts: Convenient reminders when your laundry is done, eliminating the need to set a timer or guess when cycles are complete
Kenmore Smart Thermostat
- The Kenmore Smart Thermostat provides easy access to adjust your home environment wirelessly, helping save time and money with features such as:
- Remote access: Homeowners can adjust their home temperature and turn their thermostat on and off remotely, creating a comfortable home environment that helps provide users with peace of mind
- Energy savings: Easily monitor energy usage – set a schedule, program vacation settings or adjust manually
Craftsman Wi-Fi Smart Control DC Belt Drive Garage Door Opener
- The Craftsman Wi-Fi Smart Control DC Belt Drive Garage Door Opener is designed for the homeowner looking for ultra-quiet operation, peace-of-mind with DieHard® battery backup and the convenience of remote monitoring and operation via a smartphone device.
- Remote use: Offering full control and visibility from anywhere in the world using a smartphone, tablet or computer, the Smart Control DC Belt Drive Garage Door Opener allows the user to open, close and monitor the garage remotely
- Multi-Vehicle: Perfect for multi-vehicle families, the unit is able to operate up to three garage doors at three frequencies (310, 315 and 390MHZ) to eliminate potential signal interference
- Security: The garage door opener offers a timer-to-close feature setting the door to automatically close after one, five or 10 minutes or a custom time up to 99 minutes
- The Craftsman Pro Series Connected Tool Storage units include an exclusive Bluetooth Connected Smart Lock technology, which allows the user to automatically lock and unlock the storage units from their smartphone. Users don't have to worry about lost and forgotten keys, and can allow access for friends, family and coworkers.
- Stay charged: Features an integrated power outlet in the chest and cabinet with six outlets and two USB ports to charge tools and phones, or plug in a battery right on site
- Storage space: A variety of drawer sizes help to keep even the largest of tool collections organized and the comfort grip trim allows for easy access to tools far from reach
The new connected products are compatible with easy-to-use apps from the Kenmore and Craftsman brands that will provide homeowners with convenient remote access from their smartphone or tablet to monitor efficiencies and adjust product settings, which can lead to energy cost savings.
In addition to the connected products, the Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard brands are also introducing innovations in established categories, with new products like:
- Craftsman 18 oz. Flex Claw Hammer
- Kenmore Black Stainless French Door refrigerator with a Grab-N-Go door made of semi-transparent glass, so you can see what's inside
- DieHard Pocket Size Lithium Vehicle Jump Starter + Smart Phone Charger
- Kenmore Elite Third Rack Dishwasher
- Kenmore Elite 4.5 cu. ft. Front-Load Combo Washer/Dryer
- Kenmore Elite Pedestal Washer that allows users to wash two loads simultaneously
- Kenmore 7.3 cu. ft. Front-Load Flip Control Dryer
- Craftsman Smart Sight Level
- Craftsman 4.0V and 8.0V Power Screwdrivers
- Craftsman Extreme GripTM 45-pc. 3/8-in. Drive Bit Socket and Bit Set
- DieHard Bluetooth Speaker and Sport Earbuds
- DieHard 3A 6/12V Smart Charger and Maintainer
- DieHard Wireless Charging Stand
For more information about the brands' smart products visit Kenmore.com/Smart. The complete line of Kenmore appliances can also be found online at Kenmore.com; Craftsman tools at Craftsman.com; and DieHard products at DieHard.com.
* Dolby is a registered trademark of Dolbly Laboratories. Dolby Digital Plus™ is a trademark of Dolby Laboratories.
About the Kenmore Brand
The Kenmore Brand is an industry leader in delivering trusted performance in the home with smart and stylish appliance innovations that help consumers do things quicker, easier and better. Recognized as a top appliance brand for over 100 years, the Kenmore brand continues to give consumers more time, efficiency and improved results for better living with industry-leading products across small and large appliance categories. For more information, visit www.kenmore.com, www.cookmore.com/press-kit/ or www.facebook.com/kenmore.
About the Craftsman Brand
The Craftsman brand is America's most trusted tool brand. For more than 88 years, the Craftsman brand has developed innovative tools and products, earning a reputation for unsurpassed quality and durability, trusted for generations. The Craftsman brand offers a full range of hand and power tools that meet the needs of the DIY user to the demanding professional. In addition, the Craftsman brand also offers lawn and garden products and tool storage. The Craftsman brand also has a free membership program called Craftsman Club® which gives tool enthusiasts access to exclusive deals, members-only projects, expert tips and news on the latest tool innovations from the brand. Craftsman Club is part of the Shop Your Way® network, so points can be redeemed for purchases at Sears and Kmart and online at www.Craftsman.com. For more information, visit www.CraftsmanClub.com.
About the DieHard brand
Introduced in 1967, Sears designed the original DieHard automotive battery to produce 35 percent more usable starting power than other similar batteries. Featuring a revolutionary tough, thin-walled case of translucent polypropylene plastic, which was 50 percent thinner than conventional black rubber-type battery enclosures, the design's extra room meant bigger plates, more acid and extra starting power. During testing, not a single failure was reported in over 26,000 starts in temperatures ranging from sub-zero to more than 100 degrees, hence the name "DieHard." See more DieHard history and compelling "Battery Torture" Video at www.DieHard.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kenmore-craftsman-and-diehard-brands-enter-new-product-categories-launch-the-next-wave-of-products-for-the-connected-home-300287642.html
SOURCE Sears Holdings Corporation