SAN MATEO, Calif., Aug. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Kensington®, a worldwide leader of desktop productivity and mobility solutions for IT, business and home office professionals and The Professionals' Choice for device security for nearly 25 years, today announced the launch of the MicroSaver® 2.0 Keyed Laptop Lock. The MicroSaver 2.0 — which was engineered under strict specifications by Kensington to work with the thinnest laptops without compromising strength — represents the next generation of laptop security.
The latest in Kensington's long legacy of providing IT professionals with maximum anti-theft protection for laptops and other devices, the MicroSaver 2.0 Keyed Laptop Lock is only 10 millimeters in diameter and provides the same strength as the world renowned MicroSaver Keyed Laptop Lock that has been the industry leader for more than 20 years.
"The loss of proprietary business data can be priceless — and your laptop is not necessarily safe where you think it is — which is why the MicroSaver 2.0 Keyed Laptop Lock is such a smart investment," said Rob Humphrey, Director of Global Product Management, Security, at Kensington. "The MicroSaver 2.0 was engineered to perfection using patented technologies and underwent out rigorous testing protocols to create the latest standard in device security. This laptop lock can help users protect their investments in hardware and data in even the smallest of laptop form factors, and can stand the test of time in a smaller, compact size without compromising security."
A recent survey conducted by Kensington revealed that the amount of theft occurring in the office is nearly the same as in cars/transportation, and more than in airports or restaurants. The IT Security & Laptop Theft Survey also found that more than a third of IT professionals across industries do not have a physical security policy in place to protect their companies' laptops, mobile devices, and other electronic assets.
As the inventor and No. 1 seller of laptop locks worldwide, Kensington's Security Slots are built into 95 percent of the world's laptops, projectors, printers, and monitors.
Key features of the Kensington MicroSaver 2.0 Keyed Laptop Lock (K65020; $49.99) include:
- Strong 10mm Lock Head - Offers uncompromised security for even the thinnest laptops and devices while still meeting Kensington's industry-leading testing standards for tamper-resistance, reliability, and durability.
- Hidden Pin™ Technology - The patented anti-pick feature ensures the lock is nearly impossible to tamper with.
- T-Bar™ Locking Technology - Compatible with the Kensington Security Slot™ found in most laptops, the rotating bar securely attaches to the internal wall of the device for a premium level of security.
- Carbon Steel Cable - Offers the same level of cut-resistance and theft-resistance as thicker cables and anchors to a desk, table, or any fixed structure with 6 feet of cable for greater security and mobility.
- Pivot and Rotate Cable - Superior laptop engagement created by a fully rotating lock head for greater freedom of movement, allowing easy key insertion.
- Independently Verified and Tested - Engineered to Kensington's rigorous specifications for industry-leading standards in torque/pull, foreign implements, lock lifecycle, corrosion, key strength, and other environmental conditions.
- Register & Retrieve™ - Kensington's online registration program that allows for free, quick, secure, and easy key replacement if they are ever lost or stolen.
- Master Keyed (for K65042M only) - Provides administrative access, so the IT manager can have a key for all locks while each user has their own individual lock and key.
- Supervisor Keyed (for K65042S only) - Provides administrative-only access designed for high-level and convenient on-site security.
- Like Keyed (for K65042L only) - Provides employees with identical keys that can open all locks, offering a solid layer of security against non-employee theft.
To see the MicroSaver 2.0 in action visit: https://youtu.be/OXnfKXybKMo.
Follow Kensington on:
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business and home office professionals around the world for nearly 35 years. Kensington products empower people to dynamically interact with content, creating a better working experience for productive performance. In both office and mobile environments, Kensington's extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, and ergonomic well-being. Our core competencies in engineering, industrial design, product quality and responsive customer support make Kensington The Professionals' Choice™. Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks, the acknowledged leader of Trackball innovation and offers a broad range of premium-branded desktop productivity solutions.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington operates as the Computer Products Group of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), a world leader in branded office products, with products marketed in more than 100 countries across the globe. For more information, visit http://www.kensington.com/ or call Kensington toll-free at 1-800-235-6708.
Kensington and MicroSaver are registered trademarks of ACCO Brands. Kensington Security Slot, Hidden Pin, Kensington The Professionals' Choice, Register & Retrieve and T-Bar are trademarks of ACCO Brands. All other registered and unregistered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2016 Kensington Computer Products Group, a division of ACCO Brands. All rights reserved.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kensington-launches-microsaver-20-keyed-laptop-lock-designed-to-secure-the-thinnest-devices-300314134.html
SOURCE ACCO Brands