Kentico Celebrates 10th Anniversary with Free CMS Licenses to Red Cross and Red Crescent Donors
NASHUA, N.H., June 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Kentico Software, the Web Content and Customer Experience Management provider, today celebrates its 10th anniversary by offering free base licenses for the Kentico 8 integrated marketing solution to any customer that donates a minimum of $100 to the Red Cross, which was recently named Kentico's 2014 Site of the Year.
To make a donation and get a free base license for Kentico in return, customers are invited to visit http://www.kentico.com/kentico10years anytime between June 4 and July 4, 2014. Additionally, anyone can win an official Kentico t-shirt simply by congratulating Kentico on Twitter using the hashtag #Kentico10Years.
"We believe the best way to celebrate any important milestone is to give," said Kentico CEO and Founder Petr Palas. "Customers can donate as little as $100 to Red Cross and Red Crescent, but we hope some will be kind enough to donate more—perhaps even as much as $3,499, the normal cost of a base license for Kentico 8—to help us meet our goal of raising $10,000 in total donations."
Kentico was one of the first companies to introduce major digital marketing breakthroughs with a CMS solution that continues to innovate in the areas of e-commerce, online marketing, mobile readiness, responsive design, marketing automation, online communities and cloud deployments. First launched from Czech programmer Petr Palas' living room in Brno, Czech Republic, Kentico quickly became an important market trendsetter, leveraged in the cutting-edge digital marketing efforts by such well-known brands as Microsoft, Chiquita, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Mazda, O2, Sony, and Vodafone. Today, Kentico powers more than 18,000 websites across the globe.
Key company milestones for Kentico over the past 10 years include:
- June 4, 2004: Kentico Software is founded by Czech programmer & entrepreneur Petr Palas who later said, "There weren't many quality .NET CMS systems for creating websites back then." Number of employees: 1.
- August, 2004: Kentico releases Kentico CMS for ASP.NET, Version 1 and soon attracts its first customer—Gibson Guitar Corporation, which continues to work with Kentico today.
- July, 2005: Initially developing the solution alone, Palas hires the first small group of programmers to assist with the project. Number of employees: 4.
- January, 2008: Kentico becomes a Microsoft Certified Partner. Number of employees: 41.
- October, 2008: Kentico is named in the Deloitte Fast 50 as the "5th Fastest-Growing Young Tech Company" in Central Europe.
- November, 2008: Kentico opens its first office abroad in the U.S.
- May, 2009: Kentico opens its first office in Australia.
- October, 2010: Kentico hosts its first Kentico Connection Conference.
- April, 2011: Kentico opens its first UK office.
- September, 2012: Kentico releases Kentico CMS 7 with Marketing Automation.
- January, 2013: 16,000 websites are running on Kentico worldwide. Number of employees: 100.
- 2014: Kentico releases the new and redesigned Kentico 8. In the span of ten years, Kentico has sustained 100% organic growth without funding from any outside investors and is still owned by Petr Palas. 18,000 websites are running on Kentico worldwide. Number of employees: 140.
For more Kentico milestones, visit: http://www.kentico.com/Company/History
Kentico brings smart integrated digital marketing to businesses of all sizes with a comprehensive suite of solutions. With Kentico's Web Content Management, Online Marketing, E-commerce, Online Communities, and Intranet & Collaboration solutions, clients can deliver superior cross-channel customer experiences across all devices. Based on the Microsoft .NET platform, Kentico comes with 450 web parts and fully documented API and is available on-premise or in the cloud. Flexible, robust and scalable, Kentico delivers right-first-time technology, out-of-the-box speed, and affordable sophistication to help customers meet their goals faster and more profitably.
About Kentico Software
Founded in 2004, Kentico is headquartered in the Czech Republic with offices in the US, UK, and Australia. A Microsoft Gold Certified Partner with 1,100 digital agency partners, Kentico powers more than 18,000 websites in 90 countries. Customers include Bacardi; Great British Chefs; Gibson; Mazda; Microsoft; Mighty River Power; Run and Become; Sony; Vodafone.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE Kentico Software