Keris Myrick of Los Angeles (Pasadena), Profiled in NY Times, Elected NAMI National Board President; Ralph Nelson of Visalia is Secretary
WASHINGTON, July 11, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Keris Jan Myrick , Ph.D.c. of Pasadena, Calif., has been elected as president of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) by the organization's board of directors.
Other officers elected are:
- Kevin B. Sullivan of West Hartford, Conn., first vice-president
- Jim Payne , J.D. of Falls Church, Va., second vice-president
- Ralph Nelson, Jr. , M.D., of Visalia, Calif., treasurer
- Clarence Jordan , M.B.A., of Cordova, Tenn., secretary
NAMI's membership also re-elected Payne and Nelson to three-year terms on the board.
New board members elected are:
- Carol Caruso of Collegeville, Pa.
- Victoria Gonzalez of Oak Park, Ill.
- Gloria M. Walker of Cincinnati, Ohio
NAMI's board elections were held at its recent national convention in Seattle, June 27-30.
NAMI is the nation's largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. NAMI advocates for access to services, treatment, supports and research and is steadfast in its commitment to raising awareness and building a community of hope.
SOURCE National Alliance on Mental Illness
More by this Source
NAMI Statement: The President's Mental Health Proposals
Jan 16, 2013, 16:01 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.