Kern County Residents Keep Tabs on Restaurant Health Inspection Status using Custom AT&T Mobile App Kern County Public Health Services Empowers Residents with Restaurant Inspection Data, Grades and Images to Promote Health Awareness
BAKERSFIELD, Calif., July 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Residents of Kern County now have the ability to access the latest health inspection reports for all county restaurants from their mobile device with a new Safe Diner app developed by AT&T.*
Kern County Public Health Services launched the custom-built application to provide residents with a more efficient way to view reports for more than 1,800 restaurants throughout the county. Residents can now download the app directly to their smartphones and tablets. Users can instantly view restaurant locations, inspection reports and also file a complaint form with the option of uploading a picture or video.
The key components of the Kern County Public Health Services Safe Diner app include:
- Search for restaurant by name or location
- Map-based listing of all matching restaurants with satellite view
- Inspection grade and details of specific violations
- Submit a complaint and include a video or picture
"The public can download the Safe Diner app and view inspection reports before they visit a restaurant," said Donna Fenton, Kern County Chief Environmental Health Specialist. "Dining patrons can make an informed choice knowing their restaurants are maintaining clean food establishments and using safe food preparation practices."
More than 54,000 AT&T business customers have adopted mobile applications today. AT&T's Mobile Application Development (MAD) portfolio has created more than 100 custom applications for organizations in all different industries including retail, manufacturing, government, education, and more.
AT&T's Top Performing Network
The great performance of AT&T's network continues to be validated by independent third-party testing:
- RootMetrics® has awarded AT&T for strongest overall call, text, and data performance in multiple markets from January through June of this year.1
- Meanwhile, our 4G LTE service was recognized as having faster average download and upload speeds than any of our competitors in PCWorld/TechHive's most recent 20-market speed tests – the second consecutive year that AT&T has ranked 1st overall. PCWorld/TechHive also ranked AT&T's as the fastest combination of 3G and 4G services in the 20 cities it tested. 2
- And AT&T was named America's fastest 4G LTE network in PC Magazine's 2013 Fastest Mobile Networks 30-market study – and also swept the top rankings in all six U.S. regions from coast to coast: Northeast, Southeast, North-Central, South-Central, Northwest and Southwest. 3
For more information on how to download Kern County's Public Health Services Inspection app, visit https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/safe-diner/id670438372?mt=8&ls=1 and https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.kern.ca.us.safediner.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
1 Visit rootmetrics.com for more details. Performance rankings of four national wireless carriers rely on scores calculated from random samples. Your experiences may vary. The RootMetrics award is not an endorsement of AT&T.
2 PCWorld/TechHive, May 23, 2013, "AT&T clocks best overall speeds with 3G/4G combo"
3 PC Magazine, June 17, 2013; http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2420333,00.asp
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's largest 4G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T │DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com/aboutus or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/att and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/att.
© 2013 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 4G not available everywhere. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.