Kevin Higgins, President of Hart Energy, Served After Failing to Avoid Process Server in Fraud Case, According to American Energy Mapping (AEM) The face of Developing Unconventional Gas (DUG) Events spends weeks avoiding service
HOUSTON, Nov. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Since adding Kevin Higgins, Hart Energy's President and COO, as a defendant in the Fraud and Negligent Misrepresentation lawsuit with AEM (Montgomery County Cause Number 13-05-04872-CV) Mr. Higgins has avoided being served. AEM provided the following steps taken to finally locate the elusive defendant:
- AEM contacted Hart's attorney to ask if he would accept service for Kevin Higgins.
- Hart's Attorney refuses to accept service for Kevin Higgins.
- AEM hires a process server and provides Hart's address as well as the upscale hotel Kevin Higgins frequented.
- The process server informs AEM that Kevin Higgins avoided them and Mr. Higgins continually instructed his staff to say he was in a meeting and could not be disturbed. Service was attempted many times.
- The process server tried the hotel and the hotel staff informed the process server that Mr. Higgins was indeed a guest but they could not share his room number nor did they persuade him to come down to the lobby.
- AEM notified Kevin Higgins by email informing him to stop hiding or AEM would seek help from the public.
- Kevin Higgins replies to the email offering to make himself available in 10 days.
- AEM refuses to allow further delay.
- AEM receives an email from Hart's attorneys stating they would accept service for Kevin Higgins but not represent him further.
- AEM contacts process server instructing them to serve Mr. Higgins though Hart's lawyers.
- Kevin Higgins then contacts AEM's process server and attempts to persuade them into a 10 day hold on being served without AEM's knowledge or approval and following AEM's firm refusal of further delay.
- AEM's process server, in the midst of all the confusion created by Kevin Higgins, delays serving Hart's lawyers for another two days.
- On October 30, 2013, several weeks after adding Kevin Higgins as a defendant, the lawyers for Hart accept service and Kevin Higgins finally gets officially served.
AEM's Owner, Damien Wolff stated, "I will let people judge for themselves why the President of a reputable industry publisher would avoid a process server in a lawsuit alleging fraud and misrepresentation."
American Energy Mapping is a small energy data company.
SOURCE American Energy Mapping