BOSTON, Nov. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Together with its industry partners, executives from the social enterprise Health Leads will participate in four key sessions at the upcoming Institute for Healthcare Improvement's (IHI) National Forum on Quality Improvement in Health Care, to be held December 4-7 in Orlando, Fla.
"With an increased focus on unmet social needs and health equity on this year's Forum agenda, one of the foremost global authorities on healthcare improvement is shining a much-needed spotlight on these key issues," said Rocco Perla, Health Leads president and IHI Fellow.
"In the next year alone, the number of patients screened for unmet social needs will go from thousands to millions, and we're committed to demonstrating that healthcare delivery organizations can apply the same rigor to social needs interventions as they do to other quality improvement efforts. To achieve equity and person-centered care at scale means social needs must become a property of the care system, not something on the periphery of care or a special project," continued Perla.
If you would like to connect with Health Leads executives at the IHI Forum or learn more about these sessions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quality Improvement for Social Needs Interventions in Health Care
Tuesday, December 6 at 9:30 (A24) and 11:15 a.m. (B24)
- Zach Goldstein, Principal, Innovation, Health Leads
- Andrew Beck, Pediatrician, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Ned Mossman, Program Manager, Payment Reform/Social Determinants of Health, OCHIN
- Rishi Manchanda, Founder, HealthBegins
- Robert Kahn, Professor, Associate Chair for Community Health, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Social Needs Interventions from Pilot to Scale
Tuesday, December 6 at 9:30 (A2) and 11:15 a.m. (B2)
- Anna Roth, Chief Executive Officer, Contra Costa Health Services
- Kati Traunweiser, Vice President, Quality and Regulatory Services, Kaiser Permanente
- Christina Lundquist, Vice President, Operations, University Hospitals of Cleveland
- Ross Wilson, Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer, New York City Health & Hospitals
From Clinical to Social: Redefining What Counts as Health Care
Tuesday, December 6 at 9:30 (A27) and 11:15 a.m. (B27)
- Rocco Perla, President, Health Leads
- L. Gordon Moore, Senior Medical Director, 3M Health Information Systems, Inc.
- Ninon Lewis, Executive Director, Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Rose Englert, Senior Business Leader, Community Health Innovation Programs, CareOregon
Food, Heat, Housing: A Path to Addressing Social Needs
Tuesday, December 6 at 1:30 p.m. (C28)
- Jeff Thompson, Executive Advisor, Chief Executive Officer Emeritus, Gundersen Health System
- Loel Solomon, Vice President, Community Health, Kaiser Permanente
About Health Leads
Health Leads is a social enterprise that envisions a healthcare system that addresses all patients' basic resource needs as a standard part of quality care. For 20 years, Health Leads has worked with leading healthcare organizations to tackle social co-morbidities by connecting patients to the community-based resources they need to be healthy – from food to transportation to healthcare benefits. Health Leads is committed to leveraging its tools, expertise and direct services to change what "counts" as healthcare – and accelerate the leadership, best practices, incentives and research required to improve the health and well-being of patients. Learn more at www.healthleadsusa.org, reach us at email@example.com and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/key-health-system-leaders-drive-social-needs-and-health-equity-conversation-at-ihi-national-forum-300364465.html
SOURCE Health Leads