COLUMBUS, Ohio, June 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- This June marks National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month. Sometimes eating the daily recommended amount of vegetables is easier said than done. Adding flavor to veggies can help make them more appealing. According to a recent survey by the T. Marzetti Company, almost 80 percent of parents agree serving their children veggies with dip encourages them to eat vegetables1. Additionally, nearly half of American adults agreed that keeping veggie dip handy in the fridge would help them consume more vegetables.
"Everyone knows how important it is to eat vegetables – but sometimes veggies can be bland, or even boring. Marzetti Veggie Dips add a boost of flavor and are the perfect solution for livening up a snack or other dishes," said Mary Beth Cowardin, director of produce marketing at T. Marzetti Company. "Our Veggie Dips are made with the highest quality ingredients and come in a wide variety of flavors."
Debuting in a fresh new look, Marzetti Veggie Dips maintain its premium quality taste that America has known and loved for decades. From Ranch to French Onion, the smooth, creamy texture of Marzetti's multiple flavors of Veggie Dips make them great for dipping, snacking, spreading and more. Available in the produce section of your local grocery store, flavors include:
- Ranch, Light Ranch, Organic Ranch and Fat Free Ranch
- Dill and Light Dill
- Southwest Ranch and Light Southwest Ranch
- French Onion and Light French Onion
- Blue Cheese
Many vegetable snacking habits were revealed in the survey by the T. Marzetti Company. Convenience is key for encouraging eating vegetables, with 69% saying pre-cut vegetables would help them consume more. Other notable survey findings include:
- Perfect Daily Snack: Four out of five say that vegetable dip is a good snack to have anytime, not just at parties
- Most Popular Veggies: 80% agree that they pair either carrots, broccoli or celery with dip but surprisingly nearly half pair their dip with mushrooms
- It's Not Just for Veggies: 90% have tried or would try Veggie Dip as a potato topper or as a sandwich spread
- Men Need Their Veggies Too: Men are twice as likely as women to only consume vegetables when paired with Veggie Dip
- Double-Dipping: Do or Don't?: 76% agree it is never ok to double dip
National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month
In celebration of National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month, Marzetti is encouraging Americans to "flavor-up" their veggies all month long, especially on National Eat Your Veggies Day – June 17th. Some simple ways to revamp vegetables are:
- Create the perfect afternoon pick-me-up by pairing Marzetti Veggie Dips with sliced vegetables
- Refresh pasta salads by adding Marzetti Ranch Veggie Dip to a chicken pasta salad mixed with apples, chopped celery, scallions, pecans and dried cranberries for an unforgettable taste
- Top a potato with Marzetti Southwestern Ranch Veggie Dip for a zesty kick
- Serve assorted pita breads or chips with Marzetti Veggie Dips and chopped veggies to create a mouthwatering appetizer
- Boost flavor to boring meals by adding Marzetti Veggie Dips to your next sandwich, panini or wrap
- For more recipe ideas and additional product information visit www.marzettikitchens.com
Suggested retail prices are $2.99 for an 8 oz. tub and $3.79 for a 14 oz. tub (prices may vary by store). For additional product information, visit www.marzetti.com.
About T. Marzetti Company:
The T. Marzetti Company, the specialty food subsidiary of Lancaster Colony Corporation (Nasdaq: LANC), markets a wide variety of foods for both the retail and foodservice markets. Brands include Marzetti®, New York Brand® and Sister Schubert's. More information about the company is available at www.Marzetti.com.
1 Edelman Berland for T. Marzetti Company. Survey conducted online with random sample of 1,000 diverse participants. Research was conducted in April 2013. Overall sampling error for survey is + 3.1% at the 95% confidence level.
Ashley Johnson, Edelman for Marzetti
SOURCE T. Marzetti Company