SALT LAKE CITY, March 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- National Nutrition Month encourages Americans to examine their approach to overall nutrition, including making informed choices and developing healthy habits for diet and exercise. Supplementing your healthy lifestyle with essential vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients to optimize your overall nutritional status safeguards your body against harmful deficiencies.
"Eating a diet full of nutrient-dense foods like fruits and vegetables is a critical component of a healthy lifestyle, but the truth is, few people actually get a truly balanced diet," says Dr. Brian Dixon, Executive Director of Health and Science Education at USANA Health Sciences. "A comprehensive supplement regimen added to your healthy lifestyle can help your body perform at its best every day."
Dr. Dixon recommends his top five favorite supplements to help get you on the road to health:
- Multi-vitamin/multi-mineral – Multi-vitamin and multi-mineral supplements provide nutrients that are essential to life. They can make up nutritional shortfalls that can occur with even the healthiest of diets. They also support optimized cellular function, helping to ensure cells are working at peak performance.*
- Vitamin D – Vitamin D is necessary for normal bone mineralization and growth, maintenance of muscle strength and coordination, cardiovascular health, and robust and balanced immune function.*
- Fish Oil – No nutritional program is complete without a high-quality source of beneficial omega-3 fatty acids. They support cardiovascular health, proper brain, neural, and visual development, as well as maintenance of bone, joint, immune, and cellular health.*
- Probiotic – Probiotics fortify the naturally occurring "good" bacteria that live in your gut which aid digestion, support your immune system, and can even make essential nutrients our bodies need.*
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin – These antioxidants have been shown to work together to maintain healthy structures in the eye and many aspects of vision. However, there is also strong scientific support the nutrients support brain health, the nervous system, skin health, bone mineral density, and even a healthy cardiovascular system.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Founded in 1992, USANA Health Sciences (NYSE: USNA) is a U.S.-based nutritional company that manufactures high-quality supplements, personal care and healthy food products in its FDA-registered facility in Salt Lake City. Learn more about USANA by visiting our web site http://www.usana.com, AsktheScientists, or the official USANA blog http://whatsupusana.com.
Media Contact: Ashley Collins
VP Marketing & Public Relations
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kick-start-your-supplement-regimen-during-national-nutrition-month-300427092.html
SOURCE USANA Health Sciences