Kids Are Taking Over the Kitchen on September 13, 2011 Young Chefs Academy encourages kids and teens to take an active role in the kitchen
WACO, Texas, Aug. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Young Chefs International (YCI), parent company to Young Chefs Academy (YCA) franchises with over 50 locations in the US and Internationally, announces their first annual national "Kids Take Over the Kitchen" (KTOK) campaign. The KTOK campaign was kicked-off this summer with its first, annual KTOK Photo Contest leading into the annual event to be held on September 13, 2011.
"The leading forces behind the campaign rested on the many growing concerns of today's society and our kids' relationship with food and cooking," said Julie Burleson, co-founder of YCA. "There has been a huge decrease over the years of families making the time to eat regular meals together, resulting in unhealthy meal options. This trend has lead to a harmful relationship with food due to factors such as portion control and high fat/high calorie content from pre-packaged and fast food diets."
Since it's inception in 2003, YCA's vision has been to see families back around the kitchen table sharing meals together through their mission of teaching the joy and value of cooking. YCA is utilizing their unique position in the marketplace (as the nation's premiere cooking school for kids) as a platform to launch their latest campaign with the hopes of:
- Developing stronger family units while empowering kids and teens to break the cycle of today's fast food society;
- Promoting a healthier relationship with food;
- Bringing in a larger variety of natural ingredients to aid in expanding food palates and healthier menu alternatives through ownership;
- Encouraging individuality, responsibility, teamwork and self-confidence;
- Bringing families together by creating the opportunity to grow closer, thereby reducing the chances of drug and alcohol abuse, and;
- Decreasing the risks of childhood obesity and other health-related issues by encouraging home-cooked meals as opposed to regular diet of high calorie/high fat found at most fast food establishments.
Join participating Young Chefs Academy locations on September 13, 2011 or visit the website at http://www.youngchefsacademy.com to download copies of your own "Kids Take Over the Kitchen" recipes and more to create your own fun-filled evening! Young Chefs Academy Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/youngchefscorp) will host a "Kids Take Over the Kitchen" contest following the national event encouraging youth to share their pictures, videos and stories about their experience. The one with the most "likes" associated with their post will win an official Young Chefs Academy Chef Jacket and more exciting gifts.
About Young Chefs Academy
Young Chefs Academy across the US & beyond inspires kids to stop and smell the 'rose'mary. Children are encouraged to ignite their creativity and satisfy their natural curiosity in a safe environment to explore and experiment with acquired culinary skills in kid-friendly kitchens. Along with the experience of our staff, we add a heap of science, a cup of math, a scoop of geography and history, a handful of etiquette, and laughter to taste. People, young or old can appreciate the power behind personally experiencing the self-gratification at the moment of creation. At Young Chefs Academy, kids don't only learn a recipe or two, but a lifelong skill and the true joy of cooking.
SOURCE Young Chefs Academy