Kiehl's Since 1851 Embarks On 4th LifeRide For amfAR
Motorcycling Philanthropists Join Forces with Kiehl's To Raise More than $150,000 to Help Find a Cure For AIDS
Sharon Stone will accept donation at Los Angeles Finale
NEW YORK, July 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Maintaining its long-standing tradition of supporting HIV/AIDS charities, Kiehl's Since 1851, the venerable New York-based purveyor of fine quality skin and hair care, is pleased to announce its continued partnership with amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, and the fourth annual Kiehl's LifeRide for amfAR.
HIV/AIDS awareness has long been at the forefront of Kiehl's philanthropic efforts, and through partnerships with organizations like amfAR, as well as the Magic Johnson AIDS Foundation and YouthAIDS, Kiehl's has proudly donated more than $2,500,000 for the cause.
With the mission to heighten awareness, and raise funds for amfAR, the company is embarking on the fourth annual Kiehl's LifeRide for amfAR, a charity motorcycle ride taking place July 31 – August 8, 2013, through the Pacific Northwest.
Inspired by Kiehl's history with motorcycles, spirit of adventure, and philanthropic heritage, the ride will be led by Chris Salgardo, President, Kiehl's USA and Kevin Robert Frost, amfAR CEO, riding with fellow motorcycle enthusiasts joining the fight against HIV/AIDS, including actors John Corbett, Gilles Marini, Kurt Yaeger, Teddy Sears, and World Cup Rugby Champion Ben Cohen. In addition, amfAR's Global Fundraising Chairman, Sharon Stone, will accept the check for the donation to amfAR, at the LifeRide Finale, Aug. 8, at The Grove in Los Angeles.
Key partners for the ride include Harley-Davidson Authorized Rentals, the world's largest provider of motorcycle rentals, and Delta Air Lines, which serves more than 160 million customers each year. Additional support is provided by Dreamworks Studios, Les Ateliers Ruby Helmets and Belstaff.
Kiehl's will host public celebrations at seven Kiehl's retail stores in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, and Los Angeles, donating $125,000 over the course of the ride. All events are open to the public, who is invited to meet the riders, learn more about amfAR, and contribute to the organization.
If they can't be part of the ride events, Kiehl's customers nationwide can still join the fight against HIV/AIDS:
- LIMITED EDITION PRODUCT TO BENEFIT amfAR: In celebration of LifeRide, Kiehl's has introduced a Limited Edition Ultimate Strength Hand Salve, a new, jumbo size of the company's classic formula and customer favorite. 100% of Kiehl's net proceeds from the sale of this product, up to $25,000, will benefit amfAR. The Limited Edition Ultimate Strength Hand Salve will be available in a specially designed 7.8.oz size, and is adorned with a red cap. It is $28.50 at Kiehl's retail stores and specialty store partners nationwide, and at Kiehls.com/LifeRide.
- SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Follow the ride on Twitter: @Kiehls and @KiehlsPrez, #LifeRide
- Share to Care! Show your support for Kiehl's LifeRide for amfAR by swapping your current Facebook profile picture for ours. "Like" Kiehl's FB (Facebook.com/Kiehls) and post #SharetoCare as your status; when we have 1851 picture swaps, we'll contribute $15,000 of the overall donation.
- Play #LifeRideMatch! Follow us on Instagram @KiehlsNYC to follow along the journey. For every themed picture we post live from the ride, post your own within the same theme, tag us, and use #LifeRideMatch. We'll contribute $10,000 of the overall donation, on behalf of the top four followers who post the most!
- CELEBRATION DISCOUNT TO BENEFIT amfAR: Kiehl's will offer a Celebration Discount of 15% off all purchases at each LifeRide stop store for two days: the day it is hosting an event and either the day before or after (check with each store.) In addition, Kiehl's will offer the 15% Celebration Discount at all other Kiehl's retail stores nationwide, Aug. 10 and Aug. 11. Kiehl's will donate that 15% difference to amfAR, up to the $125,000 total donation.
- DONATE IN STORE AND ONLINE: Visit any Kiehl's retail store or Kiehls.com/LifeRide to donate directly to the cause.
Together, from all of these programs, Kiehl's LifeRide for amfAR will raise more than $150,000 for amfAR.
To find out more about LifeRide, obtain a full schedule of events, and get involved in the fight against HIV/AIDS, please visit www.Kiehls.com/LifeRide.
CONTACT: Rachael Kelley, 917-606-9556, email@example.com
SOURCE Kiehl's Since 1851
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.