NEW YORK, July 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Maintaining its long-standing tradition of supporting HIV/AIDS charities, Kiehl's Since 1851, the venerable New York-based purveyor of fine quality skin and hair care, announces its continued partnership with amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, and the fifth annual Kiehl's LifeRide for amfAR.
Inspired by Kiehl's history with motorcycles and philanthropic heritage, and with the mission to heighten awareness and raise funds for amfAR, the company embarks on the fifth annual Kiehl's LifeRide for amfAR, a charity motorcycle ride, August 2 - 12, 2014, from Milwaukee to New York City.
HIV/AIDS awareness has long been at the forefront of Kiehl's philanthropic efforts, and through partnerships with organizations like amfAR, Kiehl's has proudly donated approximately $3,000,000 for the cause overall. At the conclusion of this year's ride, Kiehl's will have raised $1,025,000 for amfAR specifically, funding six cure-related research projects.
Chris Salgardo, President, Kiehl's USA and Kevin Robert Frost, amfAR CEO will lead the motorcycle enthusiasts eager to join the fight against HIV/AIDS including actors Malcolm-Jamal Warner, Katee Sackhoff, Teddy Sears, Gilles Marini, and Vanessa Marcil, model Tyson Beckford, and World Cup Rugby Champion, Ben Cohen.
Along the route, Kiehl's will host public celebrations in Milwaukee, Chicago, metro Detroit, the Cleveland area, and New York City, donating $150,000 over the course of the ride. The public is invited to meet the riders, learn more about amfAR, and contribute to the organization
Kiehl's will end the ride by sponsoring a public display of The AIDS Memorial Quilt, Aug. 11-Aug. 12, on Governor's Island, New York. All are invited to participate in The Quilt's traditional display activities, including unfolding ceremonies, new panel dedications and the Reading of Names. This marks the first time in nearly two decades that the City of New York has hosted The AIDS Memorial Quilt with a display of this magnitude.
Key partners for the ride include Harley-Davidson Authorized Rentals, the world's largest provider of motorcycle rentals, and FIJI Water, the number one imported bottled water in the United States. Additional support will be provided by Dreamworks Studios, Marilyn & Jeffrey Katzenberg, Levi's, Schott and Kenneth Cole.
- LIMITED EDITION PRODUCT TO BENEFIT amfAR: Kiehl's will introduce a Limited Edition Ultimate Strength Hand Salve, a jumbo size of the company's classic formula and customer favorite. 100% of Kiehl's net profits from the sale of this product, up to $25,000, will benefit amfAR. $28.50 at Kiehl's retail stores and specialty store partners nationwide, and Kiehls.com.
- SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Follow us to support amfAR! We'll donate $1 to amfAR for every follow we receive on @Kiehls Twitter (up to $15,000).
- Use your hands to find a cure! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter to play. Tag your image #HandsOn #contest and we'll donate $1 for every participant (up to $10,000 of the overall donation). Rules on how to play can be found on our social media platforms.
- Follow LifeRide on Twitter and Instagram using #LifeRide5 at @KiehlsPrez and @Kiehls on Twitter and @KiehlsNYC on Instagram
- CELEBRATION DISCOUNT TO BENEFIT amfAR: Kiehl's will offer a Celebration Discount of 15% off all purchases at each LifeRide stop store for two days: the day it is hosting an event and either the day before or after (check with each store for details.) In addition, Kiehl's will offer the 15% Celebration Discount at remaining Kiehl's retail stores nationwide, and Kiehls.com, Aug. 9 and Aug. 10. Kiehl's will donate that 15% difference to amfAR, up to the $125,000 total donation.
- DONATE IN STORE AND ONLINE: Visit any Kiehl's retail store or Kiehls.com/LifeRide to donate directly to amfAR.
Together, from all of these elements, by the end of this ride, Kiehl's will have raised at least $1,025,000 for amfAR via motorcycle rides and event donations since 2010.
To find out more about LifeRide, obtain a schedule of events, or get involved in the fight against HIV/AIDS, please visit www.kiehls.com/LifeRide
Press Contact: Rachael Kelley
Phone: (917) 606-9556
SOURCE Kiehl's Since 1851