KineticD Supports Data Privacy with Bank Grade Protection
Company Uses 448 Blowfish Encryption to Keep Customer Data in Its Data Centers Private and Secure
TORONTO, July 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- KineticD™, known for its cloud backup and data recovery services for small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs), today announced that its Canadian data center is protected by one of the industry's strongest bank grade algorithms, 448 Blowfish encryption in addition to stringent security measures to ensure data protection from any outside entity.
- Bank Grade Security - Of the hundreds of encryption algorithms available today, Blowfish stands out as the industry leader and has been selected by KineticD as its encryption algorithm. Files are protected using 448 Blowfish Encryption before they leave the customer's PC, Mac or server system, in-flight and at rest. This extremely secure bank-grade encryption algorithm has never been cracked.
- Logical Access - Backed-up data may be accessed via the web-based KineticD administrative console by supplying a valid password. With KineticCloud Backup, each user receives his or her own individual account and password. This means that each user also gets a unique encryption key to ensure that while data is securely stored at KineticD's data center, only the customer has access to their data.
- SSAE 16 Certified - Data is stored within the shelter of a SSAE 16 certified data center.
- Physical Security - KineticD servers are located in a Tier 3 data center protected by gated perimeter access, 24/7/365 on-site security and technicians, electronic card key access, and strategically placed security cameras inside and outside the building.
- Remote/Offsite Backup - KineticD is an automated remote/offsite backup service. A key component in any disaster recovery plan includes protection against hardware failure, theft, virus attack, accidental deletion, and natural disasters.
Jamie Brenzel, CEO, KineticD said:
"Questions about the privacy of data stored in the Cloud have recently gained international attention, causing many businesses to question the idea of moving corporate data to the Cloud. Protecting our customers' data from any outside threat is our primary concern. We considered many factors when selecting Blowfish as our encryption technology, including speed and key strength. This coupled with the latest advancements in data protection, helps keep our customers data private and secure."
Dave Simpson, senior storage analyst, The 451 Group said:
"The security of private and corporate data should be top of mind for any business when exploring cloud backup options. However, it is important that data is backed up to an offsite location and the Cloud continues to be a real alternative to local backups. Ask about the vendor's security and privacy methods and look to established vendors that have contingency plans in place to protect and manage critical data in the Cloud."
Cloud Security Alliance Announcement - http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cloud-security-alliance-furthers-global-transparency-efforts-to-serve-associations-rapid-growth-216582371.html
Cloud Security Alliance Survey - https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/research/surveys/#_nsa_prism
Social Media Destinations:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/KineticD
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/KineticD
- Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/company/KineticD
KineticD™, an early pioneer of cloud backup technology, has set a new industry standard by providing small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) with the same level of security and protection that is available to large enterprises. KineticD's patented KineticCloud™ Backup technology, known for its scalability, advanced data reduction capabilities and ease-of-use, has won prestigious industry awards and has been featured in many key industry publications. Founded in 2002, KineticD technologies and solutions are currently used daily by over 60,000 customers, 1,000 resellers, 100 MSPs and private label partners for online backup and recovery, archiving, disaster readiness, secure file sharing and remote access. For a free trial or to request more information, visit www.kineticd.com/
More by this Source
KineticD Expands Team to Drive Strategic Product Innovations in the Cloud Backup Market
Jun 26, 2013, 08:00 ET
KineticD Delivers Windows 8.1 Certified Open File Driver
Jul 09, 2013, 08:00 ET
KineticD Introduces MS SharePoint Backup Protection
Jun 25, 2013, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.