YORK, Pa., June 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Analytical Design Solutions Inc. (ADSI) has released a new version of KioWare for Windows, supporting a number of new devices and adding to our vast array of custom features.
KioWare kiosk software products lock down your device into kiosk mode, securing the overall operating system, start page, and usage of applications while protecting the system and data from hacking and misuse.
Version 8.11 of KioWare for Windows (Lite, Basic, & Full with Server) has added options for improved customization and configuration flexibility. KioWare has added support for multiple display spanning. This allows for a digital signage deployment that includes content (image, browser, video, etc.) that spans multiple displays. KioWare's Director of Technology, Bryan Bosley, expects this latest feature to fill a digital signage need previously not met in the KioWare for Windows product.
From Bosley's perspective, "A number of existing customers have requested this screen spanning capability and have projects in mind for utilizing this new feature. This new feature expands our capabilities to support screen spanning deployments — great for wayfinding, digital signage, and other minimally interactive multi-screen needs."
The list of new features for KioWare Lite, Basic, and Full for Windows (8.11):
- Support for Chrome 58
- Support for multiple (simultaneous) start page URLs using multiple tabs
- Ability to perform automatic actions (such as log on) when a specific web page or form appears
- Support for a custom "session end" URL
- Ability to customize the exit pattern
- Attract looper support for local HTML files
KioWare Basic and KioWare Full for Windows Version 8.11 have also added several supported devices and supported device types.
- Support for multiple display spanning (great for digital signage deployments)
- The Identiv Multi-ISO High Frequency Reader AMID2US00 USB, an RFID reader supporting ISO standards (ISO 14443 A/B, ISO 15693)
- The Hengstler CP-56 receipt printer, allowing for printing on 56 mm rolls
- The addition of multiple EMV compliant devices (attended and unattended) via the DataCap EMV platform with support for a number of processors, including Elavon, First Data, Heartland, Vantiv, Worldpay and more
- Through the new DataCap integration, KioWare now supports the Ingenico IUP285 for unattended payments.
Call 717.843.4790 for more information or chat with us online.
Support must be current to upgrade.
View a full description of features added for this and other versions of the KioWare product line.
KioWare has been providing OS, desktop, and browser lockdown security for the kiosk and self-service industry since 2001.
KioWare kiosk software secures your application or website on Windows or Android devices, restricting user access to approved behaviors and protecting user and network data. KioWare is fully customizable and offers solutions ranging from browser lockdown to full server-based kiosk management. From simple out of the box configurations to more complex integrations, KioWare is trusted by developers, IT professionals, marketers, Fortune 100 corporations, and small business owners. The KioWare team is based in York, Pennsylvania, with an office located in Reading, UK. Choose the best KioWare product for your self-service project and download a fully functioning free trial at KioWare.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kioware-for-windows-kiosk-software-adds-new-devices-new-features-300470556.html
SOURCE KioWare Kiosk System Software