KOL Insight: Prostate Cancer: Competition intensifies in race to the top
NEW YORK, April 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
KOL Insight: Prostate Cancer: Competition intensifies in race to the top
Analysing the Prostate Cancer market landscape
The Prostate Cancer market has seen a number of progressive changes in recent years. The launches of Johnson & Johnson's Zytiga (abiraterone acetate) and Medivation/Astellas's Xtandi (enzalutamide) has reinvigorated the post-chemo treatment segment, while launch of the first cancer vaccine Provenge (sipuleucel-T; Dendreon) and Zytiga's expanded approval had finally given new options in the pre-chemo setting. With similar efficacy and tolerability profiles, Zytiga and Xtandi are currently vying for first-line status in both the post and pre-chemo disease settings as both drugs are set to generate blockbusting revenues despite clinical and health payer concerns about the high cost of treatment.
Competition in the major segments of prostate cancer are set to intensify, with new hormone drugs, radiation therapy, chemotherapy add-ons and immunotherapies in the pipeline. The high level of unmet need, premium pricing and patient population growth continue to make the market an attractive proposition for 'would be' developers. There remains a significant opportunity to generate substantial revenues in this highly-segmented disease, in the therapeutic segment and alsoin advanced diagnostics.
Therapy Trends: Prostate Cancer' is compiled from exclusive, in-depth interviews with the world's leading Key Opinion Leaders in Prostate Cancer. It identifies and analyses the major factors, advances and trends currently influencing the Prostate Cancer treatment landscape. The report focuses on late-stage pipeline products, and how these could modify future Prostate Cancer management.
FirstWord selected the KOLs for this Therapy Trends report based on their level of engagement and influence within the Prostate Cancer disease area, and their scientific standing and clinical experience. Our unique KOL scoring system identifies those thought-leaders with the greatest insight into how Prostate Cancer clinical research will shape the future market.
Reasons to Buy this Report
Understand the Unique Benefits of KOL Insight: Prostate cancer
Prostate Cancer: Competition intensifies in race to the top examines the most prominent insights gained from the field's key opinion leaders. The results of FirstWord's research and analysis will help you to:
• Comprehend the current trends driving and shaping the global prostate cancer market
• Understand the future landscape and how new classes will fit into the treatment algorithm
• Compare and contrast the clinical profile of Johnson & Johnson's Zytiga and Medivation/Astellas's Xtandi and assess their competitive strengths and weaknesses
• Assess the commercial and clinical potential of the pipeline hormone drugs, radiation therapy, chemotherapy add-ons and next generation immunotherapy
• Appreciate KOL calls for diagnostic biomarkers and understand the commercial threat and opportunity such products present
• Develop planning strategies based on KOL insight
• Identify critical areas of unmet clinical need and opportunities for better disease management
• Understand how the treatment paradigm will evolve in the future
• Evaluate the performance of companies with the most robust new product pipelines
• Recognise the key factors KOLs predict will drive future treatment trends
Critical Questions Answered
Understand the global Prostate Cancer market
The Prostate Cancer market is one of the most dynamic markets in Pharma, and with the medical unmet need, long treatment course and growing population size, the disease is set to deliver a number of blockbusting therapies. Although treatment will not be revolutionised by the new therapies, there will be evolution with better, more efficacious therapies entering the defined disease segments. KOLs from North America and Europe provide answers to some critical questions regarding the global Prostate Cancer market, including:
• What pro's and con's do KOLs identify for Zytiga and Xtandi and what influences clinical choice?
• How might new therapies impact on current first-line chemo treatments?
• What are the current unmet needs and major challenges in prostate cancer treatment?
• What are the most promising late-stage classes in development?
• Which therapy are KOLs eagerly awaiting?
• How will the new therapies be positioned against each other in each of the disease segments?
• In what ways could biomarkers improve future Prostate Cancer disease management and what impact could this have on prescribing?
• How will treatment of Prostate Cancer look in the future?
• How do KOLs think the pricing environment is shaping the uptake of new Prostate Cancer treatments?
• What clinical research trends do KOLs predict for future Prostate Cancer therapies?
FirstWord selected the KOLs for this Therapy Trends report based on their level of engagement and influence within the Prostate Cancer disease area, and their scientific standing and clinical experience. The Prostate Cancer KOL panel assembled for this Therapy Trends research is drawn from North America and Europe:
• Professor of Surgery, Urology, and Radiation Oncology, and head of the Section of Urologic Oncology at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Boulder, CO, USA
• Assistant Professor in Medicine-Hematology/Oncology, Northwestern University Feirnberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL; Physician in practice, Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chicago, IL, USA
• Associate Director and Senior-Vice President for Translational Research, Chair, Department of Urology, Professor of Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY; Professor of Urology, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, NY, USA
• Professor of Urology and Professor of Oncology and Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MA, USA
• Director of the Genitourinary Oncology Program at Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Massachusetts; Associate Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
• Honorary Professor in Urological Cancer/Consultant Urologist, Institute of Cancer Sciences, Christies Cancer Hospital, University of Manchester, UK; Consultant Urological Surgeon, The Christie, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, and Honorary Professor of Urological Oncology, Manchester University, Manchester, UK.
• Head of the Department of Cancer Medicine, the Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, and Full Professor in Oncology, the University of Paris, France.
• Consultant Clinical Oncologist at The Royal Marsden, London, UK.
• Professor of Medical Oncology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France.
• Consultant Clinical Oncologist, The Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, UK.
• Head of Urology Clinic, Viersen General Hospital, Viersen, Germany.
Immediate update of significant event driven developments included
Dynamic clinical sectors develop. New product approvals/launches, extended indications or unexpected late stage research failures/withdrawals can have a major impact on the treatment options for clinicians and performance of companies. What does such an event mean for stakeholders?
FirstWord's Therapy Trends Event Assessments keep you one step ahead. As soon as a significant event has been identified we contact our KOL panelists to get their perspective of the event and what it means. This data is incorporated into the report and re issued so the event can be seen in its wider market context.
This valuable service is included in the purchase price of the report and is provided for 12 months. You will receive updated analysis every time a major market event breaks and updated reports will be delivered by one our consultants within days of each event's occurrence.
An approach backed by unrivalled knowledge
This report provides a qualitative overview of the current and future Prostate Cancer market. Information was gathered from telephone discussions held with twelve key opinion leaders (KOLs), from across the major Prostate Cancer markets, including France, Germany, Italy, the UK and the US. These regions were selected because they contain many of the largest global markets for the pharmaceutical industry, and also dictate the dynamics of Pharma markets in other countries.
In order to critically select Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) a number of parameters were considered including their clinical experience, scientific publications, involvement with Pharma, involvement in clinical trials, and record of presenting at high profile international conferences.
Subject matter for discussion in the interviews covered future diagnostic and therapeutic strategies for Prostate Cancer, the future of Prostate Cancer drug classes, and new drugs entering the market. These leading KOLs also gave their views on current research, the usefulness of existing Prostate Cancer drug classes, the cost of newer drugs and other concerns in the therapy area.
4.Current Prostate Cancer marketplace
Prostate cancer overview
Prostate cancer treatment
Current treatment landscape
Reimbursement of key prostate cancer brands
Unmet needs in Prostate Cancer
Androgen inhibitors overview
Zytiga (abiraterone acetate; Johnson & Johnson)
Xtandi (enzalutamide; Medivation/Astellas)
Cytotoxic therapies overview
Taxotere (docetaxel; Sanofi)
Jevtana (cabazitaxel; Sanofi)
Hormonal therapy overview
Lupron (leuprolide acetate; Takeda/Abbott)
Casodex (bicalutamide; AstraZeneca)
Nilandron (nilutamide; Sanofi/Astellas)
Eulexin (flutamide; Merck & Co./Nippon Kayaku)
Other therapies overview
Provenge (sipuleucel-T; Dendreon)
Xgeva (denosumab; Amgen)
Current treatment algorithm
Tasquinimod (Active Biotech/Ipsen)
Sprycel (dasatinib; Bristol-Myers Squibb)
TAK-700 (Orteronel; Takeda/ Millennium)
Prostvac (Bavarian Nordic)
Alpharadin (radium-233 dichloride; Algeta/Bayer)
Yervoy (ipilimumab; Bristol-Myers Squibb)
Future treatment algorithm
7.Future developments in Prostate Cancer
Clinical trials to be redesigned with new drugs entering market
Development of biomarkers is on the horizon
Novel interesting targets to still target androgen
Over treatment of disease will be phased out
To order this report:
Pathology Industry: KOL Insight: Prostate Cancer: Competition intensifies in race to the top
Contact Clare: email@example.com
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001