NEW YORK, April 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- KPMG International has received all-star ratings – as well as perfect scores in two of the most significant judging categories – for its shared services and outsourcing advisory capabilities on the International Association of Outsourcing Professional's (IAOP) 2016 World's Best Outsourcing Advisors list.
The judges recognized KPMG's delivery excellence through its customer references, which span transformational IT Outsourcing, Business Process Outsourcing and shared services in multiple geographies, as well as in sourcing advisory areas including finance, supply chain management, application development and maintenance, governance, and change management.
"KPMG's dedication to empowering more than 1,100 team members in 60 member firms around the world with Center of Excellence-based people, process, technology investments and rigor has enabled us, year-over-year, to help our clients realize sustainable, transformational change," said David J. Brown, global lead, KPMG Shared Services and Outsourcing Advisory. "The all-star ratings awarded by the independent panel of IAOP judges underscore KPMG's passion and singular focus on delivering transformational value to our clients."
The 10-member judging panel – including executives from GE, IAOP, Manchester Business School, Sprint, and Thomson Reuters – used a rigorous methodology to award KPMG with top company scores in all judging categories, including perfect scores (8 out of 8) in the two that most strongly reflect ability to enable client success: Customer References and Programs for Innovation.
In the Programs for Innovation category, described by IAOP as "demonstrated through specific programs and resulting outcomes that produce new forms of value for customers," KPMG highlighted several initiatives, including its:
- Pharma GBS Consortium, established in 2014. The consortium's objective is to extend knowledge of global business services (GBS) through open, peer-based discussions on key management and operational issues. Current members include most of the world's top pharmaceutical companies, and membership is open to all pharmaceutical and medical device organizations globally.
- ITO Service Provider Performance and Satisfaction Study (SPPS) program. In its eighth year, the annual study captures buyers' direct insights and perceptions about the performance of their IT service providers against a range of performance metrics including general satisfaction, quality, price, risk, strategic relationship management, innovation, flexibility, IT security, governance, and likelihood to renew or recommend.
- China Shared Services Center Roundtable series, which provides peer-based insights, perspectives, guidance, and leading practices to those considering implementing shared service solutions, the predominant service delivery model in the country. The sessions are designed to encourage participation, stimulate open, candid discussion, and solicit opinions from all participants.
Other initiatives enabling sourcing advisors to help clients achieve their transformational objectives include KPMG's:
- Pulse Survey, a 12-year old quarterly program that identifies and interprets key market conditions, characteristics and leading practices in end-user organizations' usage of shared services, outsourcing, and third-party business and IT services.
- Technology Innovation Center, which connects leading global technology thinkers including entrepreneurs, Fortune 500 technology executives, venture capitalists, and KPMG member-firm professionals around the world to identify and evaluate the impact of disruptive technologies.
- Ignition Centers, which work with strategic partners to deliver capabilities in digital and mobile business solutions, Data and Analytics, technology business management, Tax transformation and technology, business in the Cloud and HR transformation.
About KPMG LLP
KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm (www.kpmg.com/us), is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). KPMG International's member firms have 174,000 professionals, including more than 9,000 partners, in 155 countries.
About KPMG International
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 155 countries and have 174,000 people working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such. For more information, visit www.kpmg.com.
IAOP is the global association that brings together customers, providers, and advisors in a collaborative, knowledge-based environment that promotes professional and organizational development, recognition, certification and excellence to improve business service models and outcomes. Visit www.IAOP.org.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kpmg-dominates-iaop-2016-worlds-best-outsourcing-advisors-list-300257923.html
SOURCE KPMG LLP