KRUPS Announces Winners of Best Brew Awards 2012 Discovering the Best Coffee Shops and Most Talented Baristas in America
NEW YORK, Feb. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- KRUPS USA, world leader in coffee, espresso machines and kitchen appliances, is thrilled to announce today the winners of the "KRUPS Best Brew Awards" for 2012. The annual campaign, now in its second year, was introduced to discover the best coffee shops across the nation, uncovering favorite local brews from New York to Los Angeles.
"We were so thrilled with the response we received last year, and look forward to bringing these well-deserving coffee shops the attention they have earned," said Michele Lupton, Marketing Communications Director for the brand. "At KRUPS, our motto is 'Passion, Precision, Perfection,' and we are always delighted to find like-minded coffee-purveyors who share our same goals."
Determined by a public vote and call for entries through the KRUPS Facebook page (www.Facebook.com/KRUPSUSA) for shops in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Washington D.C, Los Angeles, Miami, New York and San Francisco, the winners are:
- Atlanta, GA - Condesa Coffee: Condesa Coffee is a cafe and espresso bar located in Atlanta's Old Fourth Ward that specializes roasting-great counter culture coffee. They are very bike friendly and accessible, offering discounts to people who bike over. (480 John Wesley Dobbs Avenue)
- Boston, MA - Thinking Cup: Since opening its doors in December 2010, Thinking Cup has proven their commitment to providing the premier coffee experience in Boston. Located just steps from the Boston Common, Thinking Cup is the first coffee shop in Downtown Boston to serve "Stumptown Coffee," exclusively named "Best Coffee in the World" by NPR, The New York Times, Food & Wine Magazine, and USA Today. (165 Tremont Street)
- Chicago, IL - Metropolis Coffee Co.: The second win for the Windy City shop, the Metropolis Coffee Co. aesthetic is rooted in the belief that great coffee comes from a line of respect, beginning with the farmers and their respect for their land. Founded by a father and son team, the small batch artisan roasters have been serving the area since 2003. (1039 West Granville Avenue)
- Dallas, TX - White Rock Coffee: Taking home the title for Dallas two years in a row, White Rock Coffee is a locally owned coffee shop specializing in hand crafted, small batch, micro-roast coffee, freshly roasted on the premises. (10105 E Northwest Hwy)
- Washington, D.C. - M.E. Swing Co.: Another repeat winner, the legendary M.E. Swing Co. was opened in 1994 at 1702 G Street, across from the historic Old Executive Office Building. Filled with the original mahogany and mirrored fixtures, vintage burr grinders, wooden coffee bins, and counter-weight scales that graced the Mesco Building on E Street, their Mesco Blend coffee was given a patent in 1918 and is still one of Washington's best selling coffees. (1702 G Street Northwest)
- Los Angeles, CA - Cafe Dulce: Home to such creations as green tea and bacon donuts, Cafe Dulce knows the importance of pairing pastries with the best coffee available. The shop brews their drip coffee cup by cup, offering single origin coffees and exclusive blends expertly roasted LAMILL Coffee, purveyors of the world's finest organic coffees & green beans. (134 Japanese Village Plaza, Bldg E)
- Miami , FL - Tinta y Cafe: Miami Cuban cafe meets bohemian coffeehouse at Tinta y Cafe. Outside, an unassuming window dispenses powerful Cuban coffee to daily commuters in need of a morning jolt. Inside, locals enjoy lazy afternoons sipping coffee in the living room like setting filled with mismatched couches and bookshelves. (276 Southwest 8th Street)
- New York, NY - 9th Street Espresso: With a short, yet worthy drink menu, 9th Street Espresso proves why its no-nonsense approach to coffee has become a staple for New Yorkers. Located in Chelsea Market, in Alphabet City (its most popular blend is named after this neighborhood) and in Tompkins Square, Ninth Street Espresso serves up intense cups of coffee that look like little works of art. (Various locations in New York City, flagship location at 700 East 9th Street)
- Philadelphia, PA - Elixr: Located in Center City, Elixr has become a mecca for desperate coffee lovers. Though relatively new, this coffee shop has already developed a reputation for serving real deal coffee in a modern, yet relaxed atmosphere. (207 S. 15th St)
- San Francisco, CA - Four Barrel Coffee: Serious about sourcing the best beans for their brews, Four Barrel Coffee goes to great lengths to obtain the most flavorful beans from farms in Colombia, Costa Rica, Sumatra and more. Four Barrel roasts on the premises, and also offers classes for customers who want to learn how to brew better coffee at home. (375 Valencia St.)
Last year's winners included: MUDTruck, Gimme! Coffee, Beans and Berries, Java Den and Sweetleaf all in New York City; Groundwork Coffee Co. in Los Angeles; Monorail Espresso in Seattle; News Cafe in Miami; Metropolis Coffee Co. in Chicago; Barismo in Boston; Spruce Street Espresso in Philadelphia; White Rock Coffee in Dallas; Blue Bottle Coffee Co. in San Francisco; Dancing Goats Cafe in Atlanta; M.E. Swing Co. in Washington D.C.
Precision and unwavering performance uniquely define the philosophy of KRUPS, established in 1847 in Germany by Robert KRUPS. The company first introduced high-grade rotary and spring scales; then with the introduction of electricity, the brand shifted focus and a century later established itself as a world leader in coffee machines, espresso machines, and a wide range of other appliances. The KRUPS heritage of German engineering combines functional, yet rigorous design with technical perfection. Built for those who continuously seek new experiences and take pleasure in understanding how things are done, KRUPS' passion for perfection is apparent. Its range of products provides the tools necessary to deliver the highest taste results every time. KRUPS is inspired by experts and demanding consumers with uncompromising standards of genuine performance and quality. For more information, visit http://www.KRUPSusa.com/ or www.facebook.com/KRUPSusa
SOURCE KRUPS USA