NEW YORK, March 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- KRUPS (www.KRUPSUSA.com), worldwide leader in coffee, espresso and kitchen appliances, announced today the winners of this year's "KRUPS Best Brew Awards." The annual campaign, which is now in its fourth year, was introduced to discover the best coffee shops across the nation, uncovering favorite local brews from New York to Los Angeles.
Determined by a call for entries and a public vote through the KRUPS Facebook page (www.Facebook.com/KRUPSUSA), fans across the nation voted for their favorite coffee shops in cities including Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington D.C. from February 4th through 28th. The following coffee shops have been declared the winners of the 2014 KRUPS Best Brew Awards:
- Atlanta, GA – Octane Coffee: This spacious, modern shop feels like a lively college study hall, serving expertly-prepared espresso drinks, french-press coffee and V60 pourover coffee, food, snacks, craft beers, wines, and specialty cocktails. With Counter Culture Coffee responsible for the growth and care of Octane's coffee beans, they strive for perfection that can easily be tasted (1009-B Marietta Street)
- Boston, MA – Diesel Coffee: Owned by former employees of Toscanini's Ice Cream; presumably, they drank a lot of joe and did a lot of thinking at their old job, because the high-ceilinged, chrome-edged space became an instant destination for Somerville's young and cool. Java is the obvious draw, which comes in the form of lattes, cappuccinos and cafe au lait, but there's also a grab bag of creative wraps, sandwiches and pastries (257 Elm Street)
- Chicago, IL – Metropolis Coffee Co.: The third win for the Windy City shop, the Metropolis Coffee Co. aesthetic is rooted in the belief that great coffee comes from a line of respect, beginning with the farmers and their respect for their land. Founded by a father and son team, the small batch artisan roasters have been serving the area since 2003 (1039 West Granville Avenue)
- Dallas, TX – White Rock Coffee: Taking home the title for Dallas three years in a row, White Rock Coffee is a locally-owned coffee shop specializing in hand-crafted, small batch, micro-roast coffee, freshly roasted on the premises (10105 E Northwest Hwy)
- Los Angeles, CA – De Cafe Baristas: Seattle's Herkimer Coffee and San Francisco's Four Barrel Coffee Roasters often are the beans of choice here, with drinks made by friendly and earnest baristas. The big wooden tables lend themselves to laptops and textbooks, but when you do get hungry, you'll be in luck with a diverse range of options nearby (500 N Atlantic Boulevard)
- Miami, FL – Eternity Coffee Roasters: The second win for this Miami shop, Eternity Coffee Roasters is committed to sourcing through blind tastings the highest scoring single origin coffees from around the globe and artisanally roasting in small batches to uncover the special characteristics of each bean (117 SE 2nd Avenue)
- New York, NY – Stumptown Coffee Roasters: Although Stumptown is Portland-based, the coffee shop and roaster has taken the prize in New York City. Stumptown has been recognized as having "revolutionized the coffee business" in Portland, and founder Duane Sorenson and Stumptown have been credited with being part of the "Third Wave" of the coffee movement (18 West 29th Street)
- Philadelphia, PA – Old City Cafe: Open for more than 25 years, Old City Cafe is a one hundred per cent Philadelphia-metro operated business with dedicated, knowledgeable staff to help choose varieties, roasts, and brewing techniques (221 Church Street)
- Portland, OR – Water Avenue Coffee Company: By bringing together great coffees and great people, Water Avenue Coffee stands out for its incredible products and unsurpassed customer service, even in a city where great coffee is often just around the corner (1028 SE Water Avenue)
- San Francisco, CA – Jane: Chef Amanda Michael opened Jane (named after her daughter) in hopes of creating a "third space" in the neighborhood offering well crafted coffee, excellent housemade pastries, organic salads and soups, and tasty sandwiches (2123 Fillmore Street)
- Seattle, WA – Cherry Street Coffee House: In a city known for exceptional coffee, Cherry Street sets itself apart by cultivating relationships and deep connections with the community to bring great energy into the coffeehouse (103 Cherry Street)
- Washington, D.C. – Ebenezers Coffeehouse: Ebenezers serves coffee with a cause on Capitol Hill. They are owned and operated by National Community Church and all profits go toward community outreach projects (201 F St NE)
"We are thrilled to announce the winners of the fourth annual KRUPS Best Brew Awards," said Michele Lupton, Marketing Communications Director for the brand. "Whether preparing the perfect brew from home in their KRUPS machines or seeking out the best brew from local coffee shops across the nation, our fans are passionate about all things coffee. We love hearing about their favorite coffee spots, brews and baristas while igniting some friendly competition to determine the new KRUPS Best Brew Award Winners in each market."
Last year's winners included: Condesa Coffee in Atlanta, GA; Voltage Coffee and Art in Boston, MA; Metropolis Coffee Co. in Chicago, IL; White Rock Coffee in Dallas, TX; Tierra Mia in Los Angeles, CA; Eternity Coffee Roasters in Miami, FL; Cafe Pedlar in New York, NY; Mugshots and Naked Chocolate Cafe (tie) in Philadelphia, PA; Philz Coffee in San Francisco, CA; and M.E. Swing Co. in Washington, D.C.
Precision and unwavering performance uniquely define the philosophy of KRUPS, established in 1847 in Germany by Robert KRUPS. The company first introduced high-grade rotary and spring scales; then with the introduction of electricity, the brand shifted focus and a century later established itself as a world leader in coffee machines, espresso machines, and a wide range of other appliances. The KRUPS heritage of German engineering combines functional, yet rigorous design with technical perfection. Built for those who continuously seek new experiences and take pleasure in understanding how things are done, KRUPS' passion for perfection is apparent. Its range of products provides the tools necessary to deliver the highest taste results every time. KRUPS is inspired by experts and demanding consumers with uncompromising standards of genuine performance and quality. For more information, visit http://www.KRUPSusa.com/ or www.facebook.com/KRUPSusa