LOS ANGELES, Nov. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Los Angeles Auto Show (LA Auto Show®) announced today several major exhibitors set to showcase the latest features in the automotive aftermarket and specialty vehicle industries at the Show's highly-anticipated Aftermarket Hall, where attendees can discover and purchase virtually anything imaginable associated with cars, trucks, vans and SUVs, November 22 – December 1.
Located in the lower level of South Hall, Aftermarket Hall will feature cutting-edge automotive-aftermarket companies, specialty vehicles, customized rides and enhancements for any vehicle. No other consumer car show in North America features specialty vehicle and accessory exhibitors like Los Angeles, making it the place to see and experience the hottest offerings in custom design, accessories and performance.
Some of this year's highlights include:
- Airstream, manufacturer of the iconic "silver bullet" trailer and one of the most recognized RV brands in the world, will debut its new luxury touring coach Interstate model which includes nearly two dozen "Best in Class" Mercedes-Benz features, enhancements and a renewed commitment to safety and refined luxury.
- VIA Motors will also be showcasing a special electric car that will be debuting at the show for the first time. Bob Lutz, former General Motors Vice Chairman and member of VIA Motors Board of Directors, will be unveiling a new vehicle at a press conference on November 21.
- Galpin Auto Sports (GAS) demonstrates the outer limits of customization with an awe-inspiring array of cars to fit a number of tastes. Celebrating its 60th anniversary of customizing cars, this year the creative masterminds at GAS will feature several of the more iconic and important builds from the company's last six decades in business. Vehicles include a recreation of Dick Harding's famous Galpin-sponsored Ford Econoline "Back-Up Pick-up", award winning 1934 Ford Custom dubbed "Iron Orchid", the "Mach IV" Four-Engine Mustang built by legendary U.S. drag racer, Gary Weckesser, a Wide Body Shelby GT 500 and a life-sized Ford F250 Super Duty Tonka Truck.
- MADNESS Autoworks built their reputation as the masters of small car customizing under the names of SMART MADNESS and 500 MADNESS. They will be displaying a number of custom smart and FIAT 500 cars along with a custom FIAT that they built for Nigel Olsson, the English rock drummer, who is best known as the drummer for Elton John. They will also showcase their MADNESS Edition FIAT 500 ABARTH that just came back from racing in the Optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge and a MADNESS Edition FIAT 500 ABARTH that was built for the Car Fix TV Show on Velocity Channel.
Over the years they have expanded to other cars and are now a one-stop shop for anything custom. This year they will show off a Custom Dodge Challenger they built for comedian Gabriel Iglesias along with a 70's van that was built for his "Stand Up Revolution" comedy special on Comedy Central in addition to a number of other custom cars.
Electronics and Technology:
- The experts from Al & Ed's Autosound will showcase a wide variety of personalized vehicles with the latest trends in mobile technology—from hands free communication and iPad integration, to the most advanced platforms ranging from GPS Navigation systems and DriveSafe! safety systems.
Tuners and Performance:
- High-end tuners and performance experts such Specialty Car Craft and RTW Motoring will be on hand showcasing their high-end work modifying luxury cars. RTW Motoring will also have the first Mansory Range Rover in North America on display. These companies represent the ultimate in modifications, personalizing vehicles with services ranging from custom matte paint jobs to installing aftermarket body kits.
Additional highlights include daily vehicle wraps from Grafico, celebrity cars, DJs and autograph signings at DUB and a display of the new Can-Am Spyder from BRP. The FIND Art Magazine mobile art gallery will make an appearance with a hands-on children's mural wall open to the public to paint. The FIND Art Creative team will also be showcasing an original 150ft mural display featuring a few of LA's finest street artists including Tewsr One, Dytch66, and Dcypher.
Ticket information is as follows:
- Weekday Admission (Mon-Thu) Ages 13 & up: $10
- Weekend Admission (Fri-Sat) Ages 13 & up: $12
- Child Admission Ages 6-12: $6, children 5 and under are FREE when accompanied by an adult
- Seniors Ages 65 & up: $8.00 – Available at the cash box office (weekdays only)
Media registration for LA Auto Show and Connected Car Expo Press Days can be accessed here. General registration for CCE is also open at this time. For more information, please visit www.laautoshow.com and www.connectedcarexpo.com.
About the Los Angeles Auto Show and Connected Car Expo
Founded in 1907, the Los Angeles Auto Show is the first major North American auto show of the season each year. Press Days for the 2013 LA Auto Show® will be held on Nov. 20 and 21. The show will be open to the public Nov. 22 – Dec. 1. The Connected Car Expo (CCE) will be the first expo to unite automotive and technology professionals in an effort to increase development and foster relationship-building in the connected car industry, providing attendees with access to the key players and top media constructing the future of the connected car. CCE will debut on Nov. 19, and continue in conjunction with the 2013 LA Auto Show Press Days. The LA Auto Show is endorsed by the Greater L.A. New Car Dealer Association and is operated by ANSA Productions. To receive the latest show news and information, follow LA Auto Show on Twitter at twitter.com/LAAutoShow or via Facebook at facebook.com/LosAngelesAutoShow and sign up for alerts at www.LAAutoShow.com. For more information on CCE please visit http://connectedcarexpo.com/
SOURCE Los Angeles Auto Show