LA JOLLA, Calif., June 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- When Valerie L. Youngblood was a young doctor she noticed that some of her 70-year-old patients looked like they were 50. She wondered why they were aging much slower than others. After studying them for decades Youngblood was able to identify patterns she could follow to age much slower herself.
Then, convinced that other people needed to know what she had discovered, she wrote the new book The Youngblood Code: Proven Strategies to Optimize Your Health and Longevity By Bending Time to Your Advantage (May 2016).
She says, "The two most important aspects of your life to concentrate on if you want to live to be 100 are happiness and optimism. I have identified at least five things you can do every day that cost absolutely nothing. Yet faithfully followed they will lead to the mindset you need for a long, healthy life."
An experienced talk show guest who has been featured on NBC and ABC affiliates in San Diego as well as in the San Diego Business Journal, Ranch and Coast and San Diego magazine, Youngblood can discuss the ultimate doable routine for starting your day and why it is worth getting up earlier to do it. Her suggestions include:
- Visualizing your day when you wake up. Closing your eyes and seeing the day unfold as you would like it to. For example, you might picture yourself getting coffee, running on a treadmill, driving to work, parking in your favorite spot and eating a delicious dinner.
- Having morning sex for feel-good endorphins.
- Spending at least 20 minutes meditating to be more mindful of your body and self.
- Feeding your brain by reading books or websites that inspire you. For instance, reading a chapter or two a day of something positive will put you in a high energy flow.
- Keeping a gratitude journal.
About the Author
Valerie L. Youngblood, M.D., is an integrative medicine specialist with emphasis on age management and lifestyle medicine. She is a speaker, yoga teacher, meditation instructor and Amazon bestselling author of The Youngblood Code: Proven Strategies to Optimize Your Health and Longevity By Bending Time to Your Advantage.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/la-jolla-physician-shares-strategies-for-boosting-2-powerful-longevity-factors-300277594.html
SOURCE Valerie L. Youngblood