LA PAZ, Mexico, Nov. 5, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The perfect weekend getaway is closer than you think. La Paz, with its pristine, ivory-sand beaches and turquoise, crystal-clear sea is conveniently located less than two hours north of Los Cabos. The capital city of Baja California Sur, La Paz is the ideal destination for a fun escapade with the family, an exciting getaway with friends, or simply a solo retreat to relax and recharge at a tranquil seaside resort.
Situated between the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean, La Paz is home to more than 20,000 marine species that can easily be admired through its crystalline waters. Called "the aquarium of the world" by the legendary oceanographer Jacques Cousteau, this profusion of unspoiled natural wonder can inspire anyone's sense of exploration and discovery.
Whether you want to set out for an exhilarating water adventure or worship the sunny beachside, La Paz has an unforgettable experience waiting for you. Below are suggestions for the Top Five (5) activities to enjoy in La Paz.
Top 5 activities in La Paz:
- Walk the Malecon – The magnificent 3-mile long boardwalk, the Malecon, runs along the scenic Bay of La Paz and is the perfect spot for a casual stroll or taking in a romantic sunset. Tourists and families can be seen enjoying the tropical appetizing cuisine from excellent restaurants lining the Malecon along with beaches, bars, shops, museums, art galleries, parks, and beautiful art sculptures.
- Swim with the whale sharks – The gentle giants of the sea return year after year to the secluded, peaceful waters around La Paz. The warm and inviting Sea of Cortez is one of the few places in the world where you may enjoy the once in a lifetime experience of observing up close the largest fish in the ocean. Visitors also have unequaled access to a wide variety of water sports and activities such as scuba diving, paddle boarding and kayaking.
- Go fishing – La Paz and its surroundings possess an extraordinary wealth of large deep-sea fish, perfect for year-round fishing. Among the most coveted are the striped marlin, the blue marlin, the black marlin, the dorado, the rooster fish and tuna. The area has become the international paradise for sport fishing and one of the most popular activities for visitors to the region.
- Visit Espiritu Santo Island – Located just 25 km from La Paz, Espiritu Santo's secluded beaches and pristine shoreline make this one of the most beautiful of all the islands in the Sea of Cortez. The island is also considered one of the best destinations in the world for diving and snorkeling for its translucent waters and abundant marine life. Los Islotes, located on the northern tip of the island, is home to a large sea lion colony and one of the few communities of sea lions where friendly interaction with visitors is possible.
- Visit Balandra Beach – Comprised of small bays with shallow, clear waters, Balandra is perfect for safe beach activities the entire family can enjoy. At Balandra you can enjoy a fun family picnic on the beach, engage in the exciting water sports or simply take in the spectacular views while enjoying an icy cocktail under a palapa.
If you're looking for a quick stress-free family vacation or an extraordinary weekend getaway to relax and unwind, La Paz has an unforgettable experience for you. For additional information visit: www.golapaz.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/purelapaz| Instagram: @GolaPaz #LaPazBCS |Twitter: @PureLaPaz
SOURCE La Paz Tourism Board