Land O'Frost Offers A Once-In-A-Lifetime Family Adventure
National Promotion Will Award a Family Dream Trip from America's Largest Family-Owned Packaged Lunch Meat Company
LANSING, Ill., Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Land O'Frost, the nation's largest family-owned packaged lunch meat company, is offering an opportunity for 1,500 families to win in their "Hungry for Adventure" national promotion.
Consumers can look for special codes on packages of Land O'Frost Premium in grocery stores nationwide that can be entered at landomoms.com for a chance to win an all-expense paid trip to either the Galapagos Islands or Alaska.
The grand prize winner will receive a trip for four to either travel aboard the National Geographic Sea Lion through Alaska and spot black and brown bears and breaching humpback whales with experienced naturalists or snorkel amid sea turtles, quirky penguins and playful sea lions in the Galapagos Islands.
"As a family-owned company, we support families in everything we do from producing high quality lunch meats to designing family promotions," said Keith Hill , director of brand management at Land O'Frost. "This kicks off a great line up of family-oriented promotions for Land O'Frost in 2013."
In addition to the grand prize trip, 1,500 first prize winners will receive National Geographic's "10 Best of Everything Families" edition book. All consumers who enter their code during the "Hungry for Adventure" promotion will gain instant access to view a special National Geographic video.
Fun family explorations can quickly turn into a stressful experience if families aren't well-prepared for travel. To help families get the maximum amount of enjoyment from their vacation, National Geographic's "10 Best of Everything Families" edition book offers the following travel tips for families:
- Consider Going Local: Local destinations can spark interest in active discovery. Most are low cost and many are free.
- Connect Travel with Learning: Learning happens everywhere! Consider your child's educational level and interests. It can help you plan trips that supplement school topics and introduce new ways of thinking.
- Plan Ahead: Refer to websites of your destinations before embarking on your trip. At the same time, be flexible. The best adventures can take you by surprise.
- Go to the Library: Read novels or see movies that are set in different countries if your trip takes you abroad. You'll absorb new ideas about geography, languages and history.
- Pack a Day Pack: A flat-bottomed canvas bag with pockets makes a nice travel caddy. Pack it with maps, itineraries, sunscreen, spare sunglasses and a pad of paper and pencils. Add some empty plastic bags to use as trash receptacles.
For full rules and to enter a code, visit www.LandOMoms.com.
About Land O'Frost
Land O'Frost manufactures sliced packaged luncheon meats (beef, chicken, turkey, and ham), and is the largest family-owned brand of packaged deli meat in the U.S. Some of the leading products marketed by Land O'Frost include: Land O'Frost Premium® One Pound , the top selling deli pouch in the U.S.; Land O'Frost DeliShaved®, and their ultra premium line Land O'Frost® Bistro Favorites™. Information on several additional items can be found on their Web site. The Land O'Frost brand can be found in the supermarkets and mass merchandisers that account for nearly 90 percent of the retail sales in the country, as well as Mexico, Puerto Rico and other U.S. Territories. Land O'Frost also manufactures specialty meat products sold to restaurants and major food manufacturers. The company operates three facilities in Lansing, Ill., Madisonville, Ky. and Searcy, Ark. Visit www.landofrost.com for additional information. In 2010, Land O'Frost launched www.LandOMoms.com, www.Twitter.com/LandOFrost and www.Facebook.com/LandOFrost as a part of a broader consumer branding campaign.
SOURCE Land O'Frost
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.