LANDesk Extends Leadership in Systems Management and Security
LANDesk® Management Suite 9 and LANDesk® Security Suite 9 Expands Platform Support and Cloud Services; Enables Asset Management and Security Analytics
LAS VEGAS, Nov. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Interchange -- LANDesk Software, a global leader in systems lifecycle management, endpoint security and IT service management, today unveiled the latest versions of LANDesk® Management Suite 9 and LANDesk® Security Suite 9, to address the increased mobilization and consumerization of IT among corporate networks. The refreshed LANDesk solution helps organizations support a broad range of platforms while better controlling remote users and unmanaged mobile devices – while maintaining its integrated console and light infrastructure model. In addition, the LANDesk solution is a catalyst for secure and complete software asset analytics enabling IT to understand the user environment and take action more quickly.
The average business professional carries anywhere from 2-5 computing devices at all times, making free-flowing data in and out of the enterprise unavoidable, exposing user systems to an infinite number of security threats – significantly complicating the process of managing and securing the end user environment. LANDesk now provides new drillable dashboards for real-time analytics and dynamic click-through reporting, giving IT the ability to enforce security policies and manage patch distribution inside and outside the network (across a wide range of computing platforms). This latest upgrade supports the most current versions of popular operating systems from Mac, Windows and Linux and adds several cloud based services that enable IT to easily manage and secure users anywhere in the world – both on premise and in the cloud - with only an internet connection. In addition, the enhanced asset management analytics capability extends LANDesk Management Suite to become an even more cost effective asset tracking tool allowing IT managers to make better more informed decisions and more tightly manage software license costs.
"LANDesk 9 provides a broad range of capabilities in a single integrated solution," said Steve Workman, vice president of product management, LANDesk Software. "Heterogeneity is the new way of life in the enterprise, especially when it comes to supporting the end user environment. The new features are smartly focused on delivering real business goals– like ROI, security and compliance, productivity, asset analytics, and executive insight – via an integrated light architecture model."
With this release LANDesk expands on its core strengths - reducing risks and software expenses, while increasing productivity in several key areas, including:
- Software Asset Management: LANDesk Management Suite has enhanced its software distribution and license discovery capabilities, increasing the overall usability and reliability, thereby allowing IT managers to make better, more informed business decisions and more tightly manage software license costs.
- Endpoint Security Analysis: The new version of LANDesk Security Suite includes drillable dashboards for real-time enhanced report analytics. This allows IT to understand what is happening in the environment in real time and make appropriate updates and/or patches.
- Cloud-based Service: With this release, LANDesk showcases several of the building blocks of its Adaptive Cloud Environment Initiative. The LANDesk Cloud Service Appliance integrates with LANDesk Management Suite and Security Suite and allows IT to easily manage users anywhere in the world, ensuring they are meeting policies and protecting end points. It can use an existing Internet connection to securely manage any user without a VPN or leased line, and without purchasing, installing, configuring or managing a server. The LANDesk cloud hosted patch management repository also benefited from this release with the addition of more patch content, platform support, and additional certification templates. LANDesk continues to address the needs of the extended environments with updates to its infrastructure replication/synchronization, reporting and security capabilities.
- Microsoft® Windows 7 Migration: Designed to determine migration readiness and assessment and application compatibility while creating minimal end user disruption, LANDesk Management Suite supports migrations to new operating systems such as Windows 7. With today's announcement, LANDesk provides provisioning and Hardware Independent Imaging (HII) that allows administrators to retain one generic image that can be deployed to many different platforms.
- Expanded Platform Support: LANDesk Management Suite 9.0.3 provides broad platform support to reduce cost, increase productivity and gain control of end user environments. Only supporting Windows is not an option anymore; LANDesk supports all of the latest platforms, including: Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Mac patching, CentOS 5 32-bit & 64-bit, HP-UX 11.11 PA RISC 64-bit, HP UX 11.23/11.31, Itanium 64-bit, Red Hat Linux 6, Solaris 10 (SPARC 64-bit & x86 64-bit) and SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 64-bit. Updated database support for Oracle 11g R2 and SQL 2008 R2 was also added.
LANDesk Software's latest release builds on the company's proven success, most recently recognized by Enterprise Management Associates who awarded LANDesk its top honors in the recently published Client Lifecycle Management Radar report. "LANDesk offers the broadest heterogeneous platform support on the market today" said Steven Brasen, Managing Research Director, Enterprise Management Associates. "LANDesk natively provides the most extensive support for the client lifecycle management core discipline including: asset, deployment, patch, configuration, service and security management. Further, LANDesk provides a single-pane-of-glass management platform that establishes end-to-end systems management support. LANDesk Management Suite is a market leader and is an ideal solution for organizations looking to manage and gain control of the end user environment."
About LANDesk Software
LANDesk Software is a leading provider of systems lifecycle management, endpoint security, and IT service management solutions for desktops, servers and mobile devices across the enterprise. LANDesk enables IT to deliver business value by gaining control of end-user computing with a single console, light infrastructure, and ITIL solutions that deliver significant ROI for thousands of customers worldwide. LANDesk is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, with offices located in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, and can be found at www.landesk.com.
Copyright © 2011, LANDesk Software, Inc. and its affiliates. All rights reserved. LANDesk and its logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of LANDesk Software, Inc. and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Other brands and names may be claimed as the property of others.
SOURCE LANDesk Software
More by this Source
LANDesk Software Unleashes Enhanced Self-Service Password Management Capability
Nov 20, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.