CHICAGO, Sept. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Landmarks Illinois, a membership-based nonprofit advocating for the protection of historic and architecturally significant properties throughout the state, will honor nine exceptional historic preservation projects next month at the Landmarks Illinois 2016 Richard H. Driehaus Foundation Preservation Awards Celebration. Taking place Saturday, October 22, 2016, from 4-8 p.m. at Venue One in Chicago, the award celebration will pay tribute to the people who went through extraordinary efforts to save, restore, rehabilitate and reuse historic places in Illinois.
"The people behind these projects emulate leadership, perseverance and vision," said Landmarks Illinois President and CEO Bonnie McDonald. "Through their work in historic preservation, our award winners have transformed once vacant and forgotten buildings into vibrant community spaces. These are the people saving places."
More About 2016 Award Winners
A full list of the award winners is below. Visit our website here to view details on each award-winning project.
- Clare and Ken Goerlich, Quincy: Joe Antunovich Award for Leadership
- Conn's Hospitality Group, Springfield: Award for Leadership
- Gibault High School, Junior American History Project, Waterloo: Award for Advocacy
- Grand Army of the Republic Memorial Museum, Aurora: President's Award for Restoration
- Jail Hill Inn, Galena: Award for Adaptive Use
- LondonHouse, Chicago: Award for Adaptive Use
- Stone Avenue Train Station, La Grange: Award for Restoration
- Stony Island Arts Bank, Chicago: Award for Rehabilitation
- Strand Apartments, Chicago: Project of the Year Award for Rehabilitation
About the Awards
The awards program began in 1994 and is generously funded by the Richard H. Driehaus Foundation. The 2016 awards ceremony at Venue One, 1034 W. Randolph St., Chicago, is open to the public. The full event schedule follows:
- 4 - 5 p.m.: Award Winner Panel Discussion
- 5:30 - 7 p.m.: Awards Ceremony
- 7 - 8 p.m.: Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres
Tickets for the Landmarks Illinois 2016 Richard H. Driehaus Foundation Preservation Awards Celebration are $35-$40 for Landmarks Illinois members and $50 for non-members. To RSVP, click here or visit our Events page on our website Landmarks.org. You can also RSVP by calling Landmarks Illinois at 312-922-1742.
About Landmarks Illinois
Landmarks Illinois is a membership-based nonprofit organization serving the people of Illinois. We inspire and empower stakeholders to save places that matter to them by providing free guidance, practical and financial resources and access to strategic partnerships.
Communications Manager, Landmarks Illinois
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/landmarks-illinois-will-honor-nine-statewide-preservation-projects-oct-22-300336806.html
SOURCE Landmarks Illinois