Lands' End's 2013 Mother's Day Survey Reveals Strange Gifts, Shopping Habits and More Lands' End helps families fulfill Mother's Day wishes
DODGEVILLE, Wis., May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Three simple letters can mean so much: M – O – M. On Sunday, May 12, millions will be celebrating their mom with gifts and festivities. In preparation for this Mother's Day, Lands' End today released the results of its 2013 Mother's Day survey with surprising findings of odd gifts given and received as well as shopping habits, family celebrations and more.
The survey showed that the week leading up to Mother's Day is prime shopping time (63 percent) with the majority of respondents indicating they spend between $25 and $50 (40 percent). For all those searching for the perfect Mother's Day gift, Lands' End is the one-stop shop. Sara Dennis, senior vice president of design, Lands' End, offers suggestions and advice for any budget.
"Our moms, sisters and grandmothers hold such a special place in our hearts. At Lands' End, we know each is unique. That's why we've developed a collection of gifts based on a variety of personalities," said Dennis. "Whether she loves gardening or gadgets, we have great gifts that moms will cherish all year-round."
Some of the strangest gifts moms have ever received or given according to the survey include a weed eater, a Betta fish, a new faucet, anti-aging cream and a diamond pig pendant. To avoid these gifting faux pas, Dennis suggests the following:
- For the New Mom: The Mother's Day Survey revealed that the number one skill most people think it takes to be a great mom in today's world is multi-tasking (56 percent). For busy new moms, consider gifts that will make life easy! Think of easy dressing items such as the Slub French Terry Tie Shoulder Maxi Dress ($69). You also can't go wrong with the Gatas Skimmer Shoes ($54). They're adorable and easy to slip on.
- Beach Mom: The survey indicated that just over 30 percent of respondents think most moms would simply like to be acknowledged for Mother's Day. Thank Mom by remembering her favorite pastime. For the mom who loves the beach, consider the Novelty Canvas Open Top Tote ($35). Personalize it with a monogram for just $6. To keep the sun off her face, the Natural Braid Raffia Big Rim Hat ($39) does the job beautifully. To protect her e-reader from the sand with style, consider the Needlepoint Nook/Kindle case ($39.50), available in Coral Geo or Turquoise Seagull.
Mother's Day Wish Lists Fulfilled At Lands' End / Page Two
- For the Mom who Runs a Tight Ship: A nautical home or wardrobe is so classic Americana. Lands' End Home has a great Chevron Stripe Throw in Regiment Navy Stripe ($89). Or, for something Mom can wear, the Large Link Bracelet ($29) and Necklace ($39) evoke a sea-faring mood.
- Class, Style and Grace: By far, survey respondents indicated they would describe their mom as "full of heart: thoughtful, caring and always there for me" (76 percent). For thoughtful moms who are pulled together from head to toe, gift-givers can find complete looks at Lands' End. From this year's new collection of dresses, the Stretch Pique Empire Dress ($79) is a flattering style that can be worn with or without a cardigan, and with heels or flats. Mom can even carry wine in style with the Double Canvas Wine Tote ($25) available in three colors. It can be monogrammed with fun sayings such as "Hers and Hers" – or come up with one on your own – for just $6.
Another heartfelt gift is the new "I HEART" Canvas Tote that can be monogrammed with up to ten characters underneath the "I HEART" logo. Whether a personal name, pet's name or a favorite pastime, the "I HEART" Tote (starting at $29.50) makes for a thoughtful, one-of-a-kind Mother's Day gift.
- Moms on the Go: The Mother's Day Survey revealed that family gatherings at home are by far the most popular way to celebrate Mother's Day (38 percent). Consider an activity such as gardening and the gift of the Canvas Garden Tote ($49.50). It features plenty of pockets for holding gardening gear. Monogrammable Canvas Shaft Wellie Boots ($79) also make a memorable gift for the mom with a green thumb.
All items are available at Landsend.com or by calling 1-800-800-5800. Orders placed by May 9 with upgraded shipping will arrive in time for Mother's Day.
About Lands' End
Lands' End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands' End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home at landsend.com, 1-800-800-5800, the Lands' End Shops at Sears and around the world. Lands' End is a proud member of the Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD).
 Lands' End 2013 Mother's Day Survey, April 20-24, 1,922 respondents via Survey Monkey
SOURCE Lands' End