Lantiq Announces Industry First VDSL2 Vectoring Chip Enabling Full System-Level Crosstalk Noise Cancellation
Vectoring with full system-level crosstalk noise cancellation more than doubles data rates and reach for next generation networks based on VDSL2
MUNICH and NEUBIBERG, Germany, Jan. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Lantiq, a leading supplier of broadband access and home networking technologies, today announced first customer shipments of its VINAX™ IVE1000 System-Level Vectoring Engine chip. Noise cancellation technologies – standardized in G.vector – eliminate crosstalk, but only system-level vectoring solutions, like the new Lantiq vectoring engine device, more than double data rates and reach to meet operators' next generation needs. Lantiq's new VINAX IVE1000 demonstrates a breakthrough in full system-level vectoring capability, scalability and expandability up to 384 ports, considered to be ideal for delivery of triple-play broadband services, including multiple streams of HD-quality TV, Internet and voice.
- Major milestone towards broad deployment of vectoring in the field, the VINAX IVE1000 is the first highly integrated ASSP solution suitable for volume deployment of system-level vectoring solutions supporting up to 384 VDSL2 lines.
- Supports full cancellation and partial cancellation for the most cost-effective, future-proof broadband infrastructure deployment.
- Used in Central Office (CO) or neighborhood/in-building cabinets, the VINAX IVE1000 uses advanced signal processing techniques to cancel Far-End Crosstalk (FEXT) between any of the VDSL2 lines in a copper bundle. By eliminating crosstalk service providers are able to achieve 100 Mbps symmetrical and beyond.
- Major reduction in system power consumption: Up to 20% power saving in a fully-vectored system (compared to non-vectoring) as a result of optimal balancing of transmission power.
- Lee Ratliff , Principal Analyst, Broadband and Digital Home, IHS iSuppli Corporation: "System-level VDSL2 vectoring is a critically important tool for service providers looking to extend the performance of their copper network. It provides high performance in a very cost effective manner. Lantiq's VINAX IVE1000 System-Level Vectoring Engine ties together multiple line cards – up to 384 VDSL2 lines – enabling an entire binder to be vectored for the greatest benefit."
- Martin Schenk , Senior Vice President & General Manager of Lantiq's Access Networks Business Unit: "VDSL2 vectoring was defined by the ITU to enable service providers to boost the bandwidth on their widely deployed copper infrastructure to 100 Mbps and beyond. By delivering the industry's first VDSL2 vectoring chip for system-level crosstalk noise cancellation for up to 384 ports, Lantiq provides the most scalable and best performing solution to allow service providers to capitalize on the potential of their copper access networks."
Lantiq Vectoring Solution
- With VINAX™ V3, carriers can install "vectoring ready" VDSL2 line cards (which support ADSL2/2+ through VDSL2 30MHz standards) today, requiring only a remote software upgrade when the VINAX IVE1000-based central vectoring card is added at the CO or in a local cabinet.
- Connected to a vectoring standard-compliant CPE device such as the Lantiq XWAY™ VRX200, this combination allows the implementation of a complete end-to-end vectoring solution. Lantiq's XWAY VRX200 CPE device is "vectoring ready" today, as such only a simple software upgrade is necessary for full vectoring functionality.
What is Vectoring?
- Approved as an ITU Standard (G.vector or G.993.5) in March 2010, vectoring is a Dynamic Spectrum Management Level 3 technique (DSM Level 3) that coordinates signal strength across multiple lines by real time crosstalk mitigation. The benefits of crosstalk cancelation are largest when all lines in a binder are managed (i.e., at the system level).
- The Lantiq VINAX™ Vectoring System is compliant with and is capable of supporting all features defined in ITU G.993.2 (VDSL2), G.993.5 (G.vector) and ITU G.997 (G.ploam). The solution applies to all VDSL2 profiles and supports up to 384 VDSL2 ports by cascading multiple VINAX IVE1000 devices. This high level of scalability, coupled with the compelling features offered by the VINAX V3 chipset, results in a solution that is ideally suited to a wide range of applications such as MDU, MSAN and DSLAM.
The VINAX IVE1000 is sampling now.
Lantiq offers a broad and innovative product portfolio for next-generation networks and the digital home. The company specializes in broadband communications encompassing analog, digital and mixed-signal ICs along with comprehensive software suites. Lantiq is a fabless company and its semiconductor solutions are deployed by major carriers and in home networks in every region of the world. Further information is available at: www.lantiq.com.
More by this Source
New Lantiq VDSL Chipset Sets CPE Performance Benchmarks
May 14, 2013, 04:30 ET
ALERT: Lantiq Hosting Online Press Briefing
May 10, 2013, 09:19 ET
Lantiq Announces Launch of New Website
Mar 28, 2013, 11:53 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.