Lantiq Expands Market Leadership in SHDSL and Enhances Product Offering Introducing New Firmware, Test Service, Improved Chip Package and New Reference Design Supporting SHDSL in Industrial Applications with Symmetrical Data Rates up to 60 Mbps and Kilometers of Broadband Reach
MUNICH and NEUBIBERG, Germany, May 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Lantiq, a leading supplier of chips and software for broadband access and home networking, today announced an SHDSL initiative, designed to bring the unique data-rate and reach performance of G.SHDSL and Ethernet First Mile (EFM) to new applications.
Market Leading Performance - for New Applications:
- A new firmware version (V 1.9) for the Lantiq SOCRATES™ SHDSL chipset is available, providing substantially enhanced interoperability.
- Lantiq is launching a new SHDSL CPE test service program, providing customers with sophisticated test capabilities from the Lantiq Labs. (A service catalogue with pricing is available. Please request here.)
- To meet the long-term product availability requirements for industrial markets, Lantiq is committed to mainstream manufacturing technologies to achieve the best possible product lifetime. The four-channel SOCRATES SHDSL products also have been converted from gold to copper bond wiring, with samples available now.
- Lantiq provides customers with additional options using transformers from Würth Elektronik. Please approach your Lantiq Support team to get further details.
- A media backgrounder as well as new joint Lantiq-Teleconnect technology white paper describing a wide range of application examples were released today and are available here.
- A brand new, ready-to-copy Ethernet-to-SHDSL/EFM reference board and module will be available in the second half of 2014. Lantiq partners with SHDSL specialist Teleconnect to dramatically simplify design-in of long reach broadband in new applications
SHDSL is an established broadband technology, which is now being adopted in more and more industrial applications and new markets.
"Nothing beats SHDSL when it comes to high data rates on long copper loops", said Christoph Zuber, CEO of FlexDSL, a broadband pioneer that brought SHDSL to many industrial applications and a customer for Lantiq's SHDSL solutions. "FlexDSL connects subsea monitoring systems for oil platforms, where one service mission can cost $100k. We also equip earthquake early warning systems based on extreme signal run-time accuracy independent of loop length from meters to tens of kilometers. This application demands that the connection never breaks and thus we use Lantiq's market leading SHDSL solutions for best quality and reliability."
Public displays, infotainment systems, surveillance cameras, WiFi hotspots and vending machines often may be placed far from the available power supply. Equipment makers like FlexDSL and others provide solutions for remote power feeding plus broadband data connections on the same copper pair by using Lantiq's SHDSL technologies.
Lantiq SOCRATES chipsets, services and evaluation boards are available. The new reference board will be available during the second half of 2014.
Fifteen years after its first market introduction, SHDSL has gained a second life in industrial applications. Lantiq is at the heart of the SHDSL/EFM eco system.
Lantiq can help you find the right chip and the right partner for your design needs. Find out more on http://www.lantiq.com/SHDSL
Lantiq, a leading supplier of broadband access and home networking technologies, offers a broad and innovative semiconductor product portfolio for next-generation networks and the digital Home. More Information about Lantiq is available on our Website or via Twitter @Lantiq and YouTube.