Lantiq Introduces Advanced Phone Chips; Brings HD Voice Quality to 2.4 GHz Cordless Home Phones COSIC single-chip family expanded to support WDCT frequency range; solution will make DECT-like features available in emerging markets
MUNICH and NEUBIBERG, Germany, Oct. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Lantiq, a leading supplier of broadband access and home networking technologies, today expanded its family of single-chip solutions for advanced cordless home telephony. The new COSIC™ WDCT, a 2.4 GHz version of the company's widely used DECT solution, brings features such as wideband voice and low-rate data services to cordless handsets targeted at Asia-Pacific countries and emerging markets that use this unlicensed frequency range.
Features, Benefits of COSIC WDCT
- First 2.4 GHz frequency cordless solution supporting wideband/HD voice quality and low-rate data application capability (similar to European CAT-iq™ feature-set) to make the cordless phone a value-added component of a digital home.
- Wideband coding and transmission and advanced acoustic echo cancellation results in brilliant HD voice quality for conversation and recording, including full duplex hands free speaking with HD sound.
- Adaptive collision detection and channel selection for co-existence with 2.4 GHz wireless LAN.
- High Signal-to-Noise Ratio (sensitivity approx. -98 dbm) reduces transmit power requirement and achieves better range performance than alternative devices.
- All members of the COSIC family integrate baseband controller, RF transceiver and power amplifier on single silicon chip, resulting in lowest system Bill of Material (BOM) cost, optimized manufacturing and logistics, smallest PCB footprint and low power consumption.
- Single architecture across family leverages manufacturer's hardware and software design investment across regulated 1.9 GHz DECT/CAT-iq and unlicensed 2.4 GHz cordless voice platforms.
- Samples available now to qualified customers for design, with volume production beginning in the first quarter of 2012.
- Available reference design for basestation and handset includes hardware and core firmware supporting full-duplex hands-free, polyphony ringer, and ECO mode (a DECT energy saving feature). The solution also is supported for integration into broadband home gateways.
"With this addition to the COSIC product family, our customers can field a complete range of cordless voice products based on a common platform that offers unsurpassed performance and audio quality," said Rainer Spielberg, vice president of marketing for Lantiq. "In-home cordless plays an important role in the voice and data service customer experience. With features such as wideband voice and low-rate data applications added to handsets, manufacturers can deliver products that clearly stand-out from the 'dumb' phones in common use today."
Product picture and more information available here: www.lantiq.com/products/digital-cordless/wdct/
Lantiq offers a broad and innovative product portfolio for next-generation networks and the digital home. The company specializes in broadband communications encompassing analog, digital and mixed-signal ICs along with comprehensive software suites. Lantiq is a fabless company and its semiconductor solutions are deployed by major carriers and in home networks in every region of the world. Further information is available at: www.lantiq.com.