Lantiq Teams With CCT Tech International Ltd. to Show Next Generation Home Control Systems Demonstrations highlight capability of DECT ULE (Ultra Low Energy)
MUNICH, NEUBIBERG, Germany and HONG KONG, Oct. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- This week in Hong Kong, CCT Tech International Ltd. is demonstrating new home control systems based on DECT ULE (Ultra Low Energy). This demonstration represents a strategic portfolio expansion by the telecommunications manufacturer, powered by Lantiq's proven single-chip DECT solution. The showcase of new wireless network connected devices and applications is running in parallel to the Hong Kong Electronics Fair with a live demonstration at CCT's location in Fotan.
DECT ULE: Wireless Home Control and Sensor Applications
- DECT ULE provides short-range wireless network connectivity using globally standardized DECT voice and data communications technology as the basis for new alarm, sensing and security applications in the digital home. In brief, DECT handsets and base stations can serve as information display and control devices for a wide range of connected devices in a typical home.
- CCT Tech International Ltd., a leading manufacturer of telecommunications products for homes, will showcase a range of prototype home control solutions, including:
- A DECT ULE capable handset supporting voice calls, device control applications and meter reading capability.
- Devices with DECT ULE connectivity – controllable by the handset – such as motion sensors, fire alarms and 'smart' electric plugs.
- DECT base station that can be programmed to respond to sensor inputs (i.e., automated calling to emergency services.
- The demonstration system is powered by the Lantiq COSIC™ ULC, which combines baseband processor, RF transceiver and power amplifier on a very small footprint single-chip solution. For production systems, DECT ULE end-point devices require a low-power consumption profile capable of battery-powered operation for up to 10 years.
CCT Tech International Ltd.: "The new home control features made possible by DECT ULE elevate the cordless phone from its dedicated function for voice communications," said Karl Heinz Mueller, New Technology Development Director at CCT Tech (HK) Ltd. "We are very excited to bring an entirely new set of features to the traditional voice phone and make it a truly 'smart' device for monitoring and device control in the digital home network."
Lantiq: "The digital home of the near future will incorporate multiple types of devices to provide consumers with data, control capability and services," said Lantiq's vice president of marketing, Rainer Spielberg. "DECT holds a strong position as a cordless phone solution in voice communications, it is in high volume production today, and it can be deployed with stand alone basestations or integrated into a home gateway. Lantiq is very enthusiastic about the evolution of this proven standard in a ULE specification for low-power, long battery-life home network applications."
Product picture and more information available here: www.lantiq.com/COSIC_ULE
About CCT Tech International Ltd.
CCT Tech International Ltd. is one of the world's largest telecom and electronic product manufacturers. The company is a group member of CCT Telecom Holdings Ltd. (HKSE 138). CCT Tech Int'l Ltd. supplies on OEM/ODM/OBM basis about 15 Mio. cordless phones per year to major brand customers and telecom operators worldwide. The company holds an exclusive worldwide license for GE branded phones. Website: http://www.cct-tech.com.hk
Lantiq offers a broad and innovative product portfolio for next-generation networks and the digital home. The company specializes in broadband communications encompassing analog, digital and mixed-signal ICs along with comprehensive software suites. Lantiq is a fabless company and its semiconductor solutions are deployed by major carriers and in home networks in every region of the world. Further information is available at: www.lantiq.com.