Lantronix New xPrintServer - Office Edition, Now Shipping
Secure Enterprise-wide Mobile Printing Solution Available Worldwide
IRVINE, Calif., Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Lantronix (NASDAQ: LTRX), a leading global provider of smart M2M connectivity solutions, today announced the worldwide availability of its new xPrintServer™ - Office Edition, the next-generation version of the company's award-winning xPrintServer – Network Edition, the industry's first and only plug-and-print hardware solution for printing from iPads®, iPhones®, and virtually any Apple iOS® device.
xPrintServer – Office Edition: Key Differentiators
The xPrintServer Office Edition comes with a wide range of robust features to support mobile printing throughout the enterprise. Designed in close collaboration with our enterprise customers, the new Office Edition addresses the challenges faced by IT departments on how to identify, deploy and manage iOS device printing throughout the extended organization. Key features include:
- Support for both USB and network-connected printers (wired or wireless), including multi-function printers (MFPs) and copiers
- Enhanced printer-user management, including printer usage rights, security and control over printers and user groups
- Proxy Server Support, global save and restore functionality, and the ability to export print logs
- Remote authentication / Active Directory support
- Firmware / driver loading via USB port
- Supports over 4,000 top brand printers, and an unlimited number of iPads, iPhones, and iOS users and devices
- Roughly the size of an iPhone with no additional software, CDs or application downloads required
- Automatic printer discovery and provisioning
- Easy to use and no configuration. Simply open the box, plug it in, print
- Anything that can be viewed, opened or read on an iOS device can be printed with the xPrintServer
The xPrintServer Family: Open it. Plug it in. Print!
The xPrintServer Family is an easy-to-use hardware solution that utilizes the iOS native print menu and requires no additional applications, software downloads, or printer driver installations. With automatic printer discovery and no configuration, printing is hassle-free. Simply open the box, plug in power and Ethernet, and print –from any iOS device running iOS version 4.2 or later, to virtually any USB or network-connected printer, whether wired or wireless.
How to Buy
The xPrintServer – Office Edition retails for $199.95 MSRP, and is designed for businesses (small/medium through large enterprises) looking to print to their existing USB and/or network-connected office printers, whether wired or wireless.
- North American customers can purchase the xPrintServer at www.Lantronix.com, from Lantronix distribution partners, and from select retailers and leading e-tailers including Amazon, BestBuy Online, Fry's Electronics, Micro Center, NewEgg, Buy.com, MacMall and more;
- European customers can purchase via www.Lantronix.com or from Lantronix European distribution partners. For more information, please email email@example.com; and
- APAC and Japan customers can purchase directly from Lantronix by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, respectively.
xPrintServer Reseller Program
For companies interested in volume purchases or xPrintServer distribution, reseller and partnership opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lantronix, Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX) is a global leader of secure M2M (machine-to-machine) communication technologies that simplify access and communication with and between virtually any electronic device. Our smart connectivity solutions enable sharing data between devices and applications to empower businesses to make better decisions based on real-time information, and gain a competitive advantage by generating new revenue streams, improving productivity and increasing efficiency and profitability. Easy to integrate and deploy, Lantronix products remotely and securely connect electronic equipment via networks and the Internet. Founded in 1989, Lantronix serves some of the largest medical, security, industrial and building automation, transportation, retail/POS, financial, government, consumer electronics/appliances, IT/data center and pro-AV/signage entities in the world. The company's headquarters are located in Irvine, Calif.
For more information, visit www.lantronix.com. The Lantronix blog, http://www.lantronix.com/blog, features industry discussion and updates. Watch our xPrintServer launch video today! To follow Lantronix on Twitter, visit http://www.twitter.com/Lantronix.
© 2012 Lantronix, Inc. Lantronix, Inc. and Lantronix are registered trademarks, and xPrintServer is a trademark of Lantronix, Inc. iPad, iPhone, iPod, iPod classic, iPod nano, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective holders. Specifications subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Lantronix, Inc.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.