NEW YORK, Feb. 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Product of the Year USA, the largest consumer-voted award for product innovation, has announced the 2016 award winners. The winning products are selected through the votes of over 40,000 consumers in a national representative survey each year conducted by research partner TNS, a global leader in consumer research.
"Consumers are looking for quick, in-and-out experiences in stores when making their everyday household purchases," said Rich Fryling, managing director, Product of the Year USA. "The red Product of the Year Award seal lets shoppers know that over 40,000 fellow consumers prefer the winning products over the competition."
Product of the Year was established 29 years ago. The company now operates in 42 countries with the goal of guiding consumers to the best products on shelf while rewarding manufacturers for quality and innovation.
Product of the Year takes submissions of innovative products launched within the previous year. These product submissions are placed into categories such as food, beverages, home improvement, pet, etc., with one product being named the category winner based on the results of a TNS survey of 40,000 consumers.
The following winners were announced at last night's 2016 Product of the Year Awards Ceremony at the Edison Ballroom in New York City hosted by "Saturday Night Live" alum Rachel Dratch and NBC "30 Rock" comedian Scott Adsit, with red carpet interviews conducted by Cat Greenleaf, host of NBC's "Talk Stoop". The 29 product winners are set to have an edge for success in store, as Product of the Year winners outperform category sales performance by 38.1%.1
- Oral Care: ACT® Advanced Care™ Mouthwash
- Snacks: Gold Emblem abound™ Unsalted Pistachio & Almond Blend
- Feminine Care: Playtex® Sport® Collection
- Sustainability: Energizer® EcoAdvanced™
- OTC: FLONASE® Allergy Relief
- Paper Products: Kleenex® Perfect Fit* Facial Tissues
- Pet Food: Beyond Purées
- Sugar Confections: SweeTARTS Soft & Chewy Ropes
- Liquid Laundry: Tide HE Turbo Clean™ Liquid Detergent
- Laundry Pacs: Tide PODS Plus Febreze
- Vitamins & Supplements: Emergen-Zzzz®
- Beauty Tools: Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Extra Coarse Electronic Foot File with Diamond Crystals
- Kitchen & Home: Finish Powerball Max in 1®
- Condiment: FRENCH'S Tomato Ketchup
- Shower & Bath: Lysol Click Gel
- Condoms: Durex RealFeel® Condoms
- Eye Care: CLEAR CARE® PLUS
- Specialty Laundry: Downy Fresh Protect
- Frozen Foods: Ore-Ida Bold & Crispy Steakhouse Fries
- Better For You: Weight Watchers® Smart Ones® Smoothies
- Chocolate: M&M's® Crispy Chocolate Candies
- Pet Treats: Milk-Bone® Good Morning™ Daily Vitamin Treats
- Hair Styling: göt2b mind blowing fast dry HAIRSPRAY
- Men's Hygiene: Right Guard Xtreme Heat Shield Deodorant
- Hair Care: Schwarzkopf essence Ultime Omega Repair 11-IN-1 Leave-In
- Lip Care: Softlips® Cube
- Coffee Beverage: Skinny Cow Creamy Iced Coffee
- Ice Cream: Skinny Cow Dipped Ice Cream Bars
- Car Care: Turtle Wax® DASH & GLASS
For additional information about the 2016 Product of the Year Award winners, visit productoftheyearusa.com and follow along socially using #POYUSA2016.
ABOUT PRODUCT OF THE YEAR:
Product of the Year is the world's largest consumer-voted award for product innovation. Established 29 years ago, Product of the Year currently operates in 42 countries with the same purpose: Guide consumers to the best products in their market and reward manufacturers for quality and innovation. Product of the Year winners are backed by the votes of over 40,000 consumers in a national representative survey conducted by research partner TNS, a global leader in consumer research. The award is a powerful merchandising program for marketers proven to increase product sales, distribution and awareness. Winning products are announced in February each year and receive the right to use the Product of the Year seal in marketing communications for two years. For more information, visit www.productoftheyearusa.com.
TNS advises clients on specific growth strategies around new market entry, innovation, brand switching and customer employee reputation management, which is based on long-established expertise and market-leading solutions. With a presence in over 80 countries, TNS has more conversations with the world's consumers than anyone else and understands individual human behaviors and attitudes across every cultural, economic and political region of the world. TNS is part of Kantar, one of the world's largest insight, information and consultancy groups. Please visit www.tnsglobal.com for more information.
1 Nielsen XAOC ending 4/12/2014
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/largest-consumer-survey-of-its-kind-reveals-most-innovative-products-of-2016-300218221.html
SOURCE Product of the Year USA