Largest-Ever Wave of EMC Innovation Makes Hybrid Cloud Transformation a Reality
EMC Launches 42 New Products Focused on Hybrid Cloud with Data at its Core
LAS VEGAS, May 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC WORLD 2012 --
- EMC today introduced its largest-ever wave of new transformative products and technologies—42 in total—to a record 13,000-plus EMC World attendees.
- Today's announcements extend EMC's leadership in two of the most transformative trends in IT history—Cloud and Big Data— and make it easier and faster for customers to benefit from the shift to Hybrid Cloud computing.
- The sweeping refresh spans key products across EMC's entire storage, backup, virtualization and management portfolio.
- EMC's market-leading information infrastructure portfolio is uniquely arming customers to drive down the costs associated with managing data in the infrastructure while also implementing more agile IT environments.
- Through heightened agility, customers are able to invest more resources in advancing their business—versus "keeping the lights on"—enabling IT to become more responsive to business needs.
Follow EMC World Online:
- Online: To track the latest EMC World 2012 happenings and view live general session streaming videos, visit www.emcworld.com
- EMC Community Network: To view live streaming of keynote presentations, visit https://community.emc.com/community/connect
- Twitter: For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCWorld and @EMCCorp and join the conversations using #EMCWorld.
- Facebook: To view highlight videos, interviews and more, like EMC on Facebook
- Flickr: View photos of EMC World on Flickr and tag your EMC World photos with "EMC World 2012"
EMC Full Story:
At EMC World 2012, EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today introduced its largest-ever wave of new transformative products and technologies–42 in total. Today's announcements mark the company's most significant single-day launch of new capabilities for customers and partners, delivering a sweeping refresh that spans key products across its entire information storage, backup, virtualization and management portfolio. As a result, EMC is taking IT efficiency and agility to new levels within both traditional and virtualized data centers. Through its market-leading and enhanced information infrastructure portfolio, the company is making it easier for customers to more quickly take advantage of the shift to Hybrid Cloud computing with data at its core, and implement the changes needed as they transform their IT, their business and their talent base.
Just over one year ago, EMC announced a portfolio refresh with a wave of record-breaking storage systems, technologies and new capabilities. This reinforced to customers, partners and the market at large EMC's commitment to product innovation to handle the massive information growth being driven by the two hottest trends in IT—the transition to cloud computing and the management of Big Data. EMC is doing it again today—capitalizing on the company's sustained aggressive investment in research and development and driving innovation to deliver the world's broadest, highest-performing and most-efficient and cost-effective portfolio of information storage and related products.
New Product and Technology Highlights:
- The new EMC® VMAX® Family—consisting of the VMAX 10K, VMAX 20K and the VMAX 40K—is a comprehensive lineup of enterprise storage arrays. Complementing the new EMC VMAX Family is a host of new software capabilities that streamline operations and extend the market-proven VMAX to new hosts and applications, while integrating customers' existing storage assets into an integrated and unified pool of storage resources.
- EMC is readying the next version of its industry-leading EMC® Isilon OneFS® scale-out NAS operating system, code named "Mavericks." File-based, unstructured data represents the fastest-growing component of today's enterprise data centers. To better support customers as they address the associated issues, OneFS will incorporate new levels of data protection, security, system performance and interoperability.
- EMC announced new VNX® unified storage enhancements that transform the midrange storage market. The new channel-only VNXe®3150 delivers 50% more performance and capacity per rack unit. New VNX software lowers the starting price for Flash, delivers single-click application protection, and simplifies management in virtualized environments. In related news, EMC and VMware today extended their partnership to develop, sell and deliver storage analytics for VNX unified storage.
- New Data Domain® and Avamar® systems and software transform the backup and recovery landscape and work seamlessly with a broad set of enterprise applications, workloads and processes, allowing customers flexibility and choice in how they attack their most pressing data protection challenges.
- The new combination of EMC VPLEX™ virtual storage with EMC RecoverPoint™ data protection is defining a new standard for Hybrid Cloud availability and protection. This combination delivers the industry's first solution to combine active-active data centers with third site disaster recovery protection.
- EMC introduced a new suite of enhancements to the EMC Atmos® Cloud platform that transform the way service providers and enterprises manage Big Data in large, globally-distributed cloud storage environments. EMC also announced new Atmos Cloud Accelerators that make it even easier and faster to move data in and out of Atmos-powered clouds.
- New EMC DataBridge™ enterprise management tool empowers IT operations teams with "single-pane of glass" management to easily build customizable dashboards for delivering ITaaS. With DataBridge customers will have real-time IT infrastructure management data at their finger-tips.
In addition, last week EMC introduced the EMC VMAX Service Provider (VMAX SP), a new platform that is purpose-built to deliver enterprise-class storage to service providers using a simple-to-consume and simple-to-manage approach. Rather than service providers purchasing individual storage, software and service components, then spending time and effort integrating them, they can now buy VMAX SP which is pre-packaged based-on service-level options enabling them to deploy new cloud services.
Dan Hein, Director of Global Information Shared Services, Columbia Sportswear
"Beginning in 2009, Columbia Sportswear set out to dramatically transform its IT infrastructure. We are now nearly 100% virtualized—and have a storage infrastructure that efficiently, powerfully and securely allows us to protect and manage our information. As a leading innovator in active outdoor apparel, footwear, accessories and equipment, we—like any innovator from any industry—require the most powerful, flexible, efficient and agile technologies that allow us to focus on our business—developing and delivering new products while delivering the best possible customer satisfaction. For years we've relied on EMC technologies to continually improve and evolve our storage infrastructure and VMware virtualized environment. As the leader at the forefront of both cloud and Big Data opportunities, EMC understands Columbia's IT requirements—and is delivering new technologies that enable Columbia to fully capitalize on the opportunities that cloud and Big Data offer."
Bob Caisley, Chief Information Officer, Singapore Exchange
"Singapore Exchange is a leading exchange in Asia Pacific and ranked 7th in the world in market capitalization terms. We believe that we must constantly innovate and improve in order to serve our customers better. Over the past few years, we have made major technology investments including introducing Reach, the world's fastest trading engine, and opening a world-class co-location and data centre. To ensure we remain competitive as the Asian Gateway, we place strong emphasis on how we manage, protect and handle information. EMC's technology vision, compelling innovation and strong customer focus have helped us to successfully execute our initiatives in this area. As a result, SGX has been able to meet demanding performance and reliability requirements for information storage, backup, recovery and security. We value EMC's contribution to our technology transformation journey."
Industry Analyst Quote
Steve Duplessie, Founder & Senior Analyst, Enterprise Storage Group
"This year's EMC World isn't just about the sheer volume of announcements—it's about impact all over the portfolio. The company, already booming, clearly isn't sitting still—anywhere. It's impressive to say the least."
Pat Gelsinger, President and Chief Operating Officer, EMC Information Infrastructure Products
"Throughout the evolution of IT, the data itself has remained the ultimate source of value. We build 'data centers,' not application or server centers; but rigid technology constraints effectively forced data to a lower priority. The onset of virtualization, cloud computing and big data analytics, however, have restored data to its rightful place as the center of IT gravity. The shift is swift and irreversible, from dedicated infrastructure silos built around specific applications where data is either locked in a specific application or orbits the periphery, to a data-centric approach to computing. Today's EMC announcements address this fundamental shift head on and deliver to customers the next wave of technology required as they transform their IT, their business and themselves."
- VMAX Enterprise Storage News Release
- VPLEX Virtual Storage News Release
- EMC and VMware News Release
- Unified Storage News Release
- Isilon News Release
- Backup & Recovery News Release
- Atmos News Release
- DataBridge News Release
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, Atmos, Avamar, DataBridge, Data Domain, Isilon, OneFS, RecoverPoint, VMAX, VNX, VNXe and VPLEX are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE EMC Corporation
More by this Source
EMC Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
Feb 10, 2014, 08:35 ET
EMC's Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2013 Earnings Results Available on EMC.com
Jan 29, 2014, 07:14 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.