Last-Minute Tax Filers Can Breathe Easier With These Offers.com Tax Tips Survive Tax Procrastination and Still Save Money
AUSTIN, March 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Like it or not, it's tax season, and that means last-minute filers are scrambling to get their returns submitted before the April 15 deadline. Offers.com is giving consumers five tips for last-minute filing.
"Tax season always stresses people out, but especially if you wait too long to file," said Offers.com CEO Steve Schaffer. "Consumers should know there are simple ways to file their tax returns and plenty of opportunities to save money doing it."
5 Tips to Survive Filing in April
- Organize Your Forms: Since time is already of the essence, getting organized and preparing all the forms you need to complete your return can be a lifesaver. It will simplify the process and relieve you of unneeded stress. And be sure to go over everything several times before you submit a return. Math mistakes or an incorrect social security number will only prolong the process. For more information on last-minute filing strategies visit the Offers.com Blog.
- Check Product Reviews: Before you buy online tax filing or downloadable software, be sure to read product reviews. It's important to use the software that fits best with your needs. The Offers.com Tax Prep Page helps you compare the options of top tax software products so you get exactly what you need.
- File Online: Finding someone to do your taxes is not an easy task for last-minute filers. Right now, tax professionals are the busiest they will be all year. You'll save a lot of time and money filing your own taxes online, and you can use online chat features if you have any questions.
- Download Software: If you've used tax software before and you have a simple return, doing it yourself is the best solution. You can find deals and coupon codes on top tax software to help you save on your return. Many software options include free online support for any questions you may have.
- File for an Extension: If you are missing documents or you're crunched for time, file an extension. You can buy some time while you get the help you need. Remember that an extension does not give you an excuse to file nothing by Tax Day. You'll need to submit the 4868 form by April 15 to avoid even more hassle.
You can file your taxes online, and the top sites let you start for free. Visit Offers.com for comparisons and opportunities to save.
Offers.com is a leading online destination for consumers to save time and money. Each day we serve up the top coupon codes, product deals and other offers from more than 6,000 stores and brands. Offers.com has about 50,000 of the best offers in 300 categories including clothing, electronics, household goods, credit cards and many more. Offers are verified, rated and updated daily by the Offers.com deal experts and community. We even let users customize and share offers they like with a personal Offers Page. The company, founded in 2009, is based in Austin, Texas.