Latest Release of NI VeriStand Adds Functionality for Mechanical Test Applications and Embedded Software Validation
- NI VeriStand adds new features for efficiently configuring and running real-time testing applications including hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulators and test cell control and monitoring systems.
- With the new version of NI VeriStand, engineers can acquire and analyze data at much higher speeds; use new tools to scale, calibrate and condition measurements to ensure accuracy and improve test quality; and get up and running out of the box by adding utilities for hardware auto-discovery and data channel configuration.
AUSTIN, Texas, Feb. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) today announced NI VeriStand 2012, the latest version of its configuration-based software environment with an open, intuitive software interface for developing real-time testing applications. Engineers can use the new version of NI VeriStand to perform high-speed data acquisition and logging and to find useful data faster during postprocessing with additional data logging flexibility. They can get up and running faster using new hardware configuration utilities, and NI SC Express integration makes acquiring conditioned measurements easier than ever before.
"This release of NI VeriStand is the next step in our investment to provide a real-time testing platform that reduces risk and cost across a spectrum of applications ranging from embedded software validation to mechanical test systems," said Mike Santori, NI Business and Technology Fellow. "As the importance of software continues to grow in today's products and systems, we continue to add new features to NI VeriStand to help engineers meet strict time-to-market requirements despite increasing test challenges."
- Real-time model execution from a variety of modeling environments
- Open, extensible architecture to create custom code modules or incorporate custom user interfaces
- Built-in test automation using the Stimulus Profile Editor
- Integration with NI hardware I/O library, including FPGAs, embedded networks, machine vision, RF and a range of multifunction data acquisition modules including instrument-grade I/O
- Product: www.ni.com/veristand/
- Case Study: Ford Deploys Fuel Cell Test System Using NI VeriStand and the INERTIA Add-On
About National Instruments
Since 1976, National Instruments (www.ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI's graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company's long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.
National Instruments, NI, NI VeriStand and ni.com are trademarks of National Instruments. Other product and company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.
Editor Contact: Julia Betts, (512) 683-8165
SOURCE National Instruments