Latest Security Technology Market Research Study From 451 Research Compliance Is a Major Driver of Security Budgets in the Wave 16 Information Security Technology Study
NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- TheInfoPro, a service of 451 Research, released its latest Information Security Study, indicating a strong budget for security projects in 2014. Conducted in late 2013, TheInfoPro study identifies key initiatives of senior security managers, including market factors and major players. This annual study is based on extensive live interviews with technology professionals and primary decision-makers at large and midsized enterprises in North America and Europe.
"The 2014 study continues to see security budgets rise for most, but also shows an outsized role for compliance in security," said Daniel Kennedy, TheInfoPro's Research Director for Information Security & Networking. "Thirty-eight percent (38%) of enterprises saw budget increases specifically to deal with compliance projects – the same percentage that reported the most common way for security projects to be initiated was compliance deciding they needed to be done."
Mr. Kennedy noted key trends from the TheInfoPro Information Security Study include:
- Information security 2013 budgets continued a healthy multiyear run. 2014 projects are similarly positive, with 45% of respondents reporting their enterprises will increase spending on security, against only 11% decreasing the same.
- Mobile device management (MDM) is the top source of pain at 18% of large enterprises, but products addressing this function are growing, as their use rose from 46% last year to 59% in this study.
- The effects of last year's acquisitions became evident in this study, especially in the SIEM space, where IBM and McAfee now appear as serious enterprise competition for HP with their acquisitions of Q1 Labs and Nitro Security, respectively.
451 Research will host an Information Security Technology Study webinar on March 19, 2014 to discuss the findings.
- Title: The State of Enterprise Security in 2014, results from 451 Research's 16th annual end user security study
- Date & Time: March 19th, 1 pm
- Presenters: Daniel Kennedy, Research Director – Information Security & Networking
- Registration: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/578226960
About TheInfoPro Security Study
TheInfoPro Security Technology Study takes an in-depth look at key trends across the industry, and tracks the performance of individual vendors. This 16th iteration of the study takes an in-depth look at key trends across the security industry, as well as the performance of individual vendors. The study is completed annually, and is based on hour-long interviews with technology professionals and primary decision-makers at large and midsize enterprises primarily in North America. The interview results are collected in comprehensive research reports that provide continuous business intelligence within key areas, such as technological road maps, spending plans and vendor performance. A sampling of vendors covered in the Vendor Performance and Technology Roadmap components of the study include: Cisco, Check Point, HP, Juniper Networks, Symantec, Intel, FireEye, F5 Networks, Palo Alto Networks, Dell, Microsoft, and EMC.
TheInfoPro, a service of 451 Research, is widely regarded as 'The Voice of the Customer,' providing independent, 'real world' intelligence on key IT sectors, including Cloud Computing, Information Security, Networking, Servers & Virtualization, and Storage. Using one-on-one interviews conducted within a proprietary network composed of the world's largest buyers and users of IT, TheInfoPro provides data and insights that are used for strategic planning, technology benchmarking, competitive analysis and vendor selection/negotiation. To learn more, https://www.451research.com/about-theinfopro or email email@example.com.
About 451 Research
451 Research, a division of The 451 Group, is focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation. The company's analysts provide critical and timely insight into the competitive dynamics of innovation in emerging technology segments. Business value is delivered via daily concise and insightful published research, periodic deeper-¬-dive reports, data tools, market-¬-sizing research, analyst advisory, and conferences and events. Clients of the company – at vendor, investor, service-¬-provider and end-¬-user organizations – rely on 451 Research's insight to support both strategic and tactical decision-¬-making. 451 Research is headquartered in New York, with offices in key locations, including San Francisco, Washington DC, London, Boston, Seattle and Denver.
SOURCE 451 Research