BETHANY, Conn., Feb. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- LATICRETE, a manufacturer of globally proven construction solutions for the building industry, today announced the introduction of PERMACOLOR® Select ANYCOLORTM. This cutting-edge product gives contractors and distributors the ability to comprehensively color-match the industry's first dispersible pigment grout solution, PERMACOLOR Select.
With today's announcement, customers can go beyond the original 80 PERMACOLOR Select colors and access almost any color imaginable. Additionally, PERMACOLOR Select ANYCOLOR further innovates the business and logistics of grout by providing additional benefits to distributors and contractors alike.
Product images available on request.
"PERMACOLOR Select ANYCOLOR is a perfect product to announce as we celebrate 60 years of building chemistry," said Sean Boyle, Senior Director of Marketing and Product Management. "We took our most unique product and made it better by offering our customers access to an extremely wide range of colors. I think it is safe to say LATICRETE now owns color."
PERMACOLOR Select ANYCOLOR comes in two parts: a Color Kit and the highly-engineered PERMACOLOR Select Base powder. The process of preparing the grout begins with the Color Kit's dispersible pigment packets. When added to water, these packets dissolve like laundry or dishwasher packets. When the neutrally-colored PERMACOLOR Select Base is added to the pigment-water mix, a color-consistent grout is formed that does not require sealing.
To order a desired color, a contractor only needs to:
- Choose a Sherwin-Williams® or Benjamin Moore® color from their vast color palette. (Sherwin-Williams and Benjamin Moore have no involvement with this program.)
- Contact a local LATICRETE sales representative or customer service department.
- Receive the custom grout order when it arrives in less than two weeks.
PERMACOLOR Select Color Kits also come in all 40 existing LATICRETE grout color options as well as the top selling competitor colors. The base powder comes in 12.5 lb (5.7 kg) and 25 lb (11.3 kg) options.
The benefits for distributors remain unparalleled as PERMACOLOR Select ANYCOLOR is the first product to innovate the way grout is ordered, inventoried and sold – resulting in distributors running their businesses more efficiently and much more profitably. Only two pallet spaces are needed for the PERMACOLOR Select Base. This saves dozens of pallet spaces in a warehouse by eliminating inventory of individual bags per each color stocked. The logistical innovations of PERMACOLOR Select ANYCOLOR allows distributors to:
- Reduce costs – Unlike offerings from other companies, there is no color matching fee with PERMACOLOR Select ANYCOLOR.
- Reduce grout pallet space requirements, grout inventory value and increase turns – There is no need to commit to large runs of material when color matching PERMACOLOR Select ANYCOLOR.
- Improve order pick time and accuracy – Picking and packing orders is easier with PERMACOLOR Select ANYCOLOR. Warehouse personnel will not need to waste time searching for colors or move of bags and pallets.
- Fulfill orders quickly and directly to customers – If a distributor runs out of a particular color, Color Kits can be shipped directly customer through the LATICRETE Rapid Fulfillment Center.
"The innovative approach of PERMACOLOR Select ANYCOLOR allows LATICRETE and distributors to develop lines of grout that can be matched to the tiles they sell. Talk about a win-win," continued Boyle.
The benefits for contractors are also significant as PERMACOLOR Select ANYCOLOR is fast setting and is suitable for joints 1/16" to 1/2" wide on floors or walls. It exceeds ANSI A118.7 and achieves ISO 13007-4 CG2FAW. Equipped with STONETECH® Sealer Technology, PERMACOLOR Select offers enhanced stain resistance with no sealing required. It offers anti-microbial protection and vibrant consistent color that resists efflorescence. PERMACOLOR Select is also reinforced with Kevlar® to resist cracks and shrinkage. The fast-setting grout is ready for foot traffic in 3 hours. UL GREENGUARD® Gold certified, PERMACOLOR Select ANYCOLOR is also low VOC content. And, a lifetime warranty is available when used with other LATICRETE products.
The logistical innovations of PERMACOLOR Select also enhance the contractor's business by:
- Meeting specifications, exactly – Contactors may now meet the exact specifications when an end-user calls for a specific grout color.
- Virtually eliminating batch-to-batch color variation – The PERMACOLOR Select advanced pigment technology is manufactured to tight standards and reduces variation between batches.
- Reducing grout inventory value, waste and breakage – Contractors can carry only the inventory they need and greatly reduce grout breakage through less handling and moving of inventory.
- Reducing grout pallet space requirements – Leftover stock from previous jobs is virtually eliminated with PERMACOLOR Select.
- Expanding color availability and options – Contractors can easily and inexpensively stock all 40 LATICRETE colors plus the top selling competitor colors.
LATICRETE is a leading manufacturer of globally proven construction solutions for the building industry. LATICRETE offers a broad range of products and systems covering tile & stone installation and care, masonry installation and care, resinous and decorative floor finishes, concrete construction chemicals, and concrete restoration and care including the LATICRETE® SUPERCAP® System. For nearly 60 years, LATICRETE has been committed to research and development of innovative installation products, building a reputation for superior quality, performance and customer service. LATICRETE methods, materials and technology have been field and laboratory proven by Architects, Engineers, Contractors and Owners. Offering an array of low VOC and sustainable products, LATICRETE products contribute to LEED certification, exceed commercial/residential VOC building requirements, and are backed by the most comprehensive warranties in the industry.