Latin Trade's 18th Annual BRAVO Business Awards Nomination Period Continues Until March 15, 2012 Business, civic, government and humanitarian leaders will be honored at annual gala in the fall
MIAMI, Jan. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The nomination period for Latin Trade magazine's eighteenth edition of the BRAVO Business Awards is still open, and will continue until March 15, 2012. Nominations can be submitted at www.bravo.latintrade.com.
Latin Trade, the leading pan-regional business magazine focusing on Latin America and the Caribbean, will once again award twelve distinguished leaders from the region to recognize their excellence and achievements in government, business and civic society.
"Latin Trade's BRAVO Business Awards, widely acknowledged as the 'Oscars of Business in Latin America,' recognize the best of the best. Together with the annual Latin Trade Symposium, they have become one of the most anticipated events of the year. We are extremely proud, as this is our eighteenth consecutive year of recognizing excellence," said Rosemary Winters, executive director of Latin Trade. "Hundreds of thousands of our readers worldwide nominate a broad array of leaders for each category, which is a testament to the talent and the ongoing development we see in the Latin and Caribbean regions."
The twelve award categories open for nomination this year are:
- Lifetime Achievement
- Leader of the Year
- Innovative Leader of the Year
- Financier of the Year
- Distinguished Service in the Hemisphere
- CEO of the Year
- Dynamic CEO of the Year
- Pioneering CEO of the Year
- Social Responsibility CEO of the Year
- Emerging CEO of the Year
- Environmental Leader of the Year
- Humanitarian of the Year
Once nominations are received, the BRAVO Council, in conjunction with a group of international executives, government officials and leading academics, narrows down the list of candidates based on specific criteria and finally chooses the winners of the Latin Trade BRAVO Business Awards.
This year, Latin Trade in partnership with the IDB will hold its annual Latin Trade Symposium in the fall in Miami, Florida. The one-day event brings together business leaders from throughout the continent to participate in panels and discussions on a wide variety of topics. The day will culminate with a black-tie gala to honor the Latin Trade BRAVO Business Awards winners.
Last year's winners were outstanding leaders from various countries throughout Latin America and the Caribbean, including Chile, Dominican Republic, Mexico and Panama. The list of winners from the 17th Annual BRAVO Business Awards include:
- Leonel Fernandez, President of the Dominican Republic (Lifetime Achievement)
- Laurence Golborne, Minister of Public Works, Chile (Innovative Leader of the Year)
- Agustin Carstens, Governor, Bank of Mexico (Financier of the Year)
- Alberto Aleman Zubieta, CEO, Panama Canal Authority (Distinguished Service in the Hemisphere)
- Marcelo Odebrecht, CEO, Odebrecht, Brazil (CEO of the Year)
- Luis Carlos Sarmiento Gutierrez, CEO, Grupo Aval, Colombia (Dynamic CEO of the Year)
- Martin Migoya, CEO, Globant, Argentina (Emerging CEO of the Year)
- Alex Behring, Co-founder and Managing Partner, 3G Capital, Brazil (Investor of the Year)
- Luanne Zurlo, President, Worldfund, USA (Humanitarian of the Year)
For more information, please visit www.bravo.latintrade.com.
BRAVO Business Awards Sponsors: InterContinental Hotels Group, HSBC, Zenith; Media Partners: CNN en Espanol; and Communications Partner: Republica.
Latin Trade Symposium Partners: Inter-American Development Bank and Americas Society/Council of the Americas.
The Latin Trade Group develops and publishes award-winning content in Spanish and English for distribution throughout Latin America, the Caribbean and the United States through print and online media sources, while providing access and information through events marketing.
SOURCE Latin Trade