Lauren Bush, Ryan Kwanten and Donald Glover Ignite the Season of Giving in Gap's Holiday Campaign
'Want' Campaign Invites Customers to Indulge in the Season's Most Wanted Styles While Giving Back to Others
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 16, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- If you could give anything in the world, what would it be? Gap is answering that question this holiday season with the help of influential personalities like Lauren Bush, Ryan Kwanten and Donald Glover. From improving nutrition in America's school system to gifting the season's hottest fashion trends -- including sequin skirts, faux fur vests, refined blazers and chunky knit sweaters -- Gap is all about giving this holiday season to you, your loved ones and those in need.
"Gap has a long history of giving back to others, and we know making a difference in the world is extremely important to our customers too," said Marka Hansen, president of Gap North America. "As we thought about what holiday looked like this year at Gap, we knew we wanted to be the destination for the season's most coveted pieces while also creating something meaningful for our customers to participate in. The personalities in our campaign support a wide range of causes, and we're giving everyone a chance to give back to those causes this holiday season."
What Do You Want to Give Back
Gap has created a series of online video vignettes with influential artists, dancers, musicians and entrepreneurs – like actor Reeve Carney, style blogger Susie Bubble, dancer and choreographer Benjamin Millepied and Foursquare founders Dennis Crowley and Naveen Selvadurai – who open up about their personal causes.
Featured on Gap's Facebook Fan page, YouTube channel, and on Gap.com, fans can check out the videos and then join in the spirit of giving by "liking" them. Each time a video is "liked," Gap will give a $1 donation to the charity featured in that video, up to $150,000. Plus, fans will get something in return – 30 percent off one regularly priced item for themselves.
Gap's "Want" holiday campaign features the cast of influencers wearing the most coveted gifts for you and your loved ones, including:
- Model and co-founder of FEED Projects, Lauren Bush, supports FEED Projects by sporting the FEED USA for Gap Canvas Bag ($29.50), The Silky Dolman Dress ($69.50) and The Sherpa Sweater ($128).
- Showing his high-flying style in The Flight Bomber ($98), True Blood's Ryan Kwanten supports City of Hope;
- Supporting Camp Interactive, Foursquare founders Dennis Crowley and Naveen Selvadurai show off their Gap style in The Chunky Cardigan ($79.50) and The Zip Cardigan ($69.50);
- Comedian, writer and star of NBC's Community, Donald Glover is looking classic in The Herringbone Blazer ($98) and supports Community Connections;
- Dazzling in the Sequin Skirt ($49.50), actress Yaya DaCosta supports Women for Women International;
- Supporting Goods for Good, social media whiz Alisa Leonard looks comfy in The Faux Fur Trapper Hat ($29.50);
- Supporting Shelter England, style blogger Susie Bubble plays up the fun in The Short Sleeve Cable Cardigan ($69.50) and The Silky Paper Bag Skirt ($49.50);
- Broadway's "Spider-Man," Reeve Carney, stays warm in The Birdseye Sweater ($49.50) and supports Partnership for the Homeless;
- Moving with ease in The Moleskin Blazer ($98), Benjamin Millepied, dancer & choreographer, supports Baryshnikov Arts Center.
Gap's "Want" campaign will run in December issues of national magazines including Vogue, Vanity Fair, Nylon, GQ, Men's Health, Rolling Stone, Us Weekly, Parents and Martha Stewart. Outdoor ads will also be running on bus shelters, phone kiosks, newsstands and more in New York City. Additionally, starting this week, Gap is reaching out to its mobile network of customers once a week through the end of December with exclusive offers and content.
What Do You Want to Give to Kids
Not only is Gap a destination for everything you need to update your own winter wardrobe – it's also the perfect place to find gifts for the little ones on your list.
At GapKids, girls will be party-ready in the tulle ruffle skirt ($29.50), cable knit hoodie sweater ($36.50) and glitzy graphic t-shirt ($24.50), while boys can show off their boyish charm in the Fair Isle zip sweater ($39.50), plaid shirt ($26.50) and flannel lined jeans ($39.50).
At babyGap, baby girls will look cool and cute in the tiered tulle skirt ($29.50), ruffle cardigan ($29.50) and furry pom pom boots ($44.50), and baby boys will stay warm and cozy in the snorkel coat ($49.50), striped cable knit sweater ($44.50) and duck boots ($39.50).
And starting at just $12.50, everyone will love the crazy hat collection featuring designs like striped mohawk hats, faux-fur trapper hats, colorful pom pom knit hats and animal-inspired designs.
About Gap Inc.
Gap Inc. is a leading global specialty retailer offering clothing, accessories, and personal care products for men, women, children, and babies under the Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Piperlime, and Athleta brands. Fiscal 2009 sales were $14.2 billion. Gap Inc. operates about 3,100 stores in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Ireland, Japan and China. In addition, Gap Inc. is expanding its global presence with franchise agreements in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East. For more information, please visit www.gapinc.com.
SOURCE Gap Inc.
More by this Source
Gap Launches Limited-Edition Jimi Hendrix T-Shirts
Mar 04, 2013, 09:00 ET
babyGap Introduces Limited Edition Collection Inspired by Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit
Jan 15, 2013, 09:00 ET
Gap And Diane von Furstenberg To Launch Second Kids & Baby Collection
Jan 30, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.