Lawyer Monthly Names The Employment Law Group® Law Firm as 2013 "Law Firm of the Year" in Employment Sector
Firm Achieves Honor for Third Consecutive Year
WASHINGTON, Sept. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For the third year running, Lawyer Monthly has honored The Employment Law Group® law firm as its "Labor & Employment Law Firm of the Year" for the United States.
The magazine, which covers the business of law, gave the accolade as part of its 2013 Legal Awards, an annual survey of the world's best law firms.
Lawyer Monthly based its award on factors such as The Employment Law Group's involvement in significant legal cases over the past year and its recognition by peers as an innovator and leader. Among the firm's recent achievements:
- The first case reported to reach a jury verdict under the 2009 anti-retaliation provisions of the False Claims Act.
- The first holding that the "AIR21" Act can protect whistleblowers employed outside the U.S.
- Selection by employee advocates to draft an amicus curiae brief in the historic Lawson case, the U.S. Supreme Court's first whistleblower case under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Adoption by Maryland courts of the Supreme Court's new rule for holding employers liable for "cat's paw" retaliation against whistleblowers.
- National media attention for whistleblower clients including John Melson and Kenneth Smith, who documented misconduct by U.S. military contractors in Afghanistan.
"During the past year we've had many unique and gratifying opportunities to stand behind our courageous clients — and to improve the way whistleblowers are treated in our courts," said R. Scott Oswald, managing principal of The Employment Law Group. "We appreciate the attention Lawyer Monthly has paid to our efforts, and we're honored to be a three-time winner of this award."
In addition to Lawyer Monthly, attorneys at The Employment Law Group recently have been recognized by legal media authorities including Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, and American Lawyer Media.
About The Employment Law Group
The Employment Law Group® law firm represents whistleblowers and others who stand up to wrongdoing by employers. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm takes cases nationwide.
More information about The Employment Law Group and its attorneys is available at http://www.EmploymentLawGroup.com.
Read more news from The Employment Law Group.
SOURCE The Employment Law Group
More by this Source
U.S. News & Best Lawyers Name The Employment Law Group® to 2014 List of "Best Law Firms"
Nov 04, 2013, 19:02 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.