NEW YORK, May 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- LeadDog Marketing Group was named "Best in Sports and Experiential Marketing" at the SportsBusiness Journal (SBJ) awards ceremony Wednesday evening in New York. SportsBusiness Journal announced that this NYC-based agency was one of the most talked about winners, "beating bigger shops in event and experiential marketing."
President and CEO Dan Mannix and key LeadDog staff went on stage to accept the award on behalf of the entire agency. Honoring their work over the past year, SportsBusiness Journal recognized LeadDog as the go-to agency for:
- Blue chip brands and disruptive startups in the sports space that want to think differently about sports
- Top sports media groups that look to showcase their innovative content through live experiences
- Signature sports entities that aim to create, market and activate unforgettable events
Mannix said, "LeadDog is proud and humbled to be this year's SBJ winner for the Best in Sports Event and Experiential Marketing. We're incredibly thankful for our partners and excited to continue creating, marketing, and activating sports and entertainment platforms and properties that cut through the clutter."
Other notable winners from the SportsBusiness Journal awards ceremony included:
- Best in Sports Social Media: National Basketball Associate (NBA)
- Sports Team of the Year: Golden State Warriors
- Sports Breakthrough of the Year: The Players' Tribune
- Sports Executive of the Year: Joe Jacob, Golden State Warriors,
- Best in Sports Media: Turner Sports
- Sports League of the Year: Major League Soccer (MLS)
- Best in Corporate Consulting, Marketing and Client Services: WME-IMG
- Sports Sponsor of the Year: State Farm
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Bud Selig
- Athletic Director of the Year: Gene Smith, Ohio State Buckeyes
- Sports Event of the Year: 2015 Belmont Stakes
- Best in Property Consulting, Sales and Client Services: CAA Sports
- Best in Sports Technology: NextVR
- Best in Mobile Fan Experience: Experience
- Sports Facility of the Year: Daytona International Speedway
- Best Talent Representation of the Year: Octagon
A former NBA Executive, Mannix founded LeadDog 17 years ago, building the independently owned agency into an award-winning, industry leader known for bringing the 2014 NY/NJ Super Bowl to life, closing down Park Avenue for the largest participatory event in the city of New York -- DOT's Summer Streets, activating TCS' title sponsorship of the 2015 TCS New York City Marathon, creating the marketing campaign for MSG's 50 Greatest Moments, which highlighted New York's legendary sports history, and most recently, bringing America's Cup back to NYC for the first time in 90 years.
LeadDog has proudly made Crain's New York Fast 50, the Event Marketer IT List for over a decade and the Inc. 5000 list since 2010. The agency was also named one of the Top 10 Job Creators in the Advertising and Marketing Industry by Inc. Magazine and has been nominated four out of the past five years for the SportsBusiness Journal Best in Sports and Experiential Marketing award.
About LeadDog Marketing Group:
LeadDog Marketing Group creates, markets and activates one-of-a-kind brand consumer experiences. Our team of passionate, make-it-happen people take a full-service approach to integrated, experiential marketing, providing services including event conception and activation, partnership negotiation, design and branding, strategic communications, brand promotions, digital and social media strategy. LeadDog delivers award-winning campaigns for partners in the sports, media/entertainment, active lifestyle, cause, technology and food/beverage industries. Marquee clients include: Audi, America's Cup, Manchester United, NFLPA, PGA of America, Reebok, Tata Consultancy Services, Whistle Sports, and WWE. LeadDog is headquartered in New York City with satellite offices in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington D.C. To unleash your potential, please visit: www.leaddogmarketing.com.
Contact: Kelsey Nover, LeadDog Marketing Group, 212-488-6574, firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/leaddog-marketing-group-named-best-in-sports-and-experiential-marketing-300272603.html
SOURCE LeadDog Marketing Group