Leaders In Media Industry To Discuss Future Of $1 Trillion eCommerce Market At First Annual "Think Commerce" Summit Group Commerce Hosts Execs at Intersection of Publishing, Technology, and Retail
NEW YORK, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
What: Group Commerce is hosting the first annual Think Commerce Summit on eCommerce, bringing together the best minds in publishing, technology, and retail to discuss the $1 trillion global eCommerce market. The December 4 event will kick off by unveiling new research from Forrester's leading eCommerce analysts: the latest analysis into monetization trends for media companies, the digital future for large retailers, and where investors should look for opportunities. The preliminary schedule is available at think.groupcommerce.com.
Who: Top executives will share their respective points of view, including:
- Shana Fisher, Managing Partner at High Line Venture Partners.
- Eric Hippeau, Partner at Lerer Ventures and Chairman of SohoTechLab.
- Jonty Kelt, CEO of Group Commerce Inc.
- Ezra Kucharz, CBS President of Local Digital Media.
- Nicholas Lehman, President of Digital for NBCU's E&D Networks and Integrated Media.
- Ben Lerer, Co-founder and CEO of Thrillist Media Group.
- Jonathan Miller, Former Chairman and CEO of Digital Media Group at News Corp.
- Jim Moran, Co-founded Yipit, Inc.
- Tim Murphy, VP of Digital Strategy for Entercom
- Robert Pittman, Executive Chairman and CEO at Clear Channel Communications.
- David Rosenblatt, CEO of 1stDibs.com and Chairman of Group Commerce, Inc.
Why: Think Commerce will explore strategies for publishers and retailers to thrive in the new world of declining advertising spending, with keynote addresses and panel discussions, including:
- "eCommerce and Media Companies: The Investor's View"
- "Why Some People Can Sell Things to Their Audiences, and Others Can't"
- "Big Brands, Big Choices: Is Direct-to-Consumer The Future of eCommerce?"
When: Tuesday December 4, 2012 at 11:30 AM – 5:30 PM. Reception to Follow.
Where: Pier 60 Chelsea Piers New York, NY. Register for the Summit at think.groupcommerce.com and receive a free comp code by contacting the people below.
SOURCE Group Commerce