NEW YORK, Aug. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Depressed European assets, changing industry dynamics and how the U.S. president election will impact private equity will be among the key issues discussed at the Dow Jones Private Equity Analyst Conference (http://peaconference.dowjones.com). Now in its 19th year, the industry's premier conference will bring together senior private equity and venture capital professionals, more than 100 limited partners, and top legal and banking experts at the Waldorf Astoria in New York on Sept. 20-21.
Through interviews and analytical discussions driven by the editors of Dow Jones Private Equity Analyst and The Wall Street Journal, the conference offers an inside look into how the industry's most prominent players are managing their firms and investments.This year's keynotes include:
- Jeffrey H. Aronson, managing principal, Centerbridge Partners
- William E. Conway, Jr., co-founder & co-CEO, The Carlyle Group
- T. Bondurant French, chief executive officer, Adams Street Partners
- Richard A. Friedman, global head, merchant banking, Goldman Sachs & Co.
- Joshua Harris, president & founding partner, Apollo Global Management
- Steven B. Klinsky, founder & CEO, New Mountain Capital
- Scott C. Nuttall, global head, capital and asset management, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.
- Ted Schlein, managing partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Gerald F. Seib, Washington bureau chief, The Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones Newswires
- Scott M. Sperling, co-president, Thomas H. Lee Partners
- Benoit Verbrugghe, senior managing director & head, North America, AXA Private Equity
The program will also feature in-depth panel discussions on opportunities abroad, the outlook for the exit markets, what it takes to successfully raise a fund and more.
During the conference, three firms will be honored for their achievements in private equity with an induction into the Private Equity Hall of Fame. This year's inductees are Berkshire Partners, Commonfund Capital and Bessemer Venture Partners.
Platinum sponsors of the Dow Jones Private Equity Analyst Conference are FTI Consulting and KPMG LLP. Gold sponsors are Covington & Burling LLP and BMO Capital Markets. Silver sponsors are Duff & Phelps, AlixPartners and W Capital Partners.
ABOUT DOW JONES
Dow Jones & Company is a global provider of news and business information and a developer of technology to deliver content to consumers and organizations across multiple platforms. Dow Jones produces newspapers, newswires, Web sites, apps, newsletters, magazines, proprietary databases, conferences, radio and video. Its premier brands include The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, SmartMoney and All Things D. Its information services combine technology with news and data to support business decision making. The company pioneered the first successful paid online news site and its industry leading innovation enables it to serve customers wherever they may be, via the Web, mobile devices and tablets. The Dow Jones Local Media Group publishes community newspapers, Web sites and other products in six U.S. states. Dow Jones & Company (www.dowjones.com) is a News Corporation company (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV; www.newscorp.com).
SOURCE Dow Jones & Company