BOSTON, Sept. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Major trends and issues of the containerboard industry will be explored at the International Containerboard Conference (ICC) in Chicago, November 2-4, 2016, organized by RISI, the leading information provider for the global forest products industry.
Many factors impact the performance and profitability of containerboard producers and box converters. These include the future strength of the US and global economy, new supply from new recycled paper machines and conversions unneeded graphic paper machines, and fluctuations in input costs such as fiber and energy. Export demand for linerboard is another uncertainty in a competitive global market. At the same time, customers in some cases are demanding lighter weight, less expensive, and more sustainable packaging for new end use markets such as e-commerce. These topics and more will be discussed at the event.
The International Containerboard Conference brings together producers, suppliers, and big buyers of containerboard and boxes. Industry trade groups, shipping companies, investors, and independent analysts from RISI and beyond will also share their work at ICC. Panel discussions and expert presentations will include:
- The outlook for North American containerboard demand and supply
- The changing structure of the North American containerboard and box industry
- How box buyers view the US economy and their suppliers, and the growing impact of e-commerce shipping
- Drivers of new capacity expansion in North America and Europe
- Latest trends in the European corrugated box market
- Outlook for linerboard exports and supply/demand trends in Europe, Mexico and Latin America and Russia
- The sustainability of current high North American industry profitability
- Risks to the North American and global economy and impact of the current US election
Another highlight of the conference will be the presentation of the North American Packaging CEO of the Year Award. Anthony Pratt, Global Chairman of Pratt Industries in the USA and Visy Industries of Australia will be recognized for this year's award.
For program and speaker information for the International Containerboard Conference, visit www.risi.com/ICC.
About RISI (www.risi.com)
RISI is the leading information provider for the global forest products industry. The company works with clients in the pulp and paper, packaging, wood products, timber, biomass, tissue and nonwovens industries to help them make better decisions. Headquartered in Boston, MA, RISI operates additional offices throughout North and South America, Europe, and Asia.
For Press Inquiries, please contact:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/leaders-to-converge-in-chicago-to-discuss-major-trends-in-the-north-american-global-containerboardbox-industry-300337294.html