NEW YORK, March 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Light Reading (www.lightreading.com), the market-leading online community for the global communications sector, today announced the key technologists who will tackle cable's hottest trends at the Cable Next-Gen Technologies & Strategies conference (http://www.cng.lightreading.com/denver/) on Thursday, March 27.
Back by popular demand for the seventh year, the conference is the premier one-day event for exploring the most promising new cable technologies and architectures. This unique conference, which will be held at Denver's Cable Center, will take an in-depth look at cable's efforts to develop, deploy, and monetize the most promising new broadband and video technologies services, and features, ranging from DOCSIS 3.1 to 4K video.
"The cable industry is going through the biggest technological changes in at least a generation, thanks mainly to the introduction of IP technology," said Alan Breznick, Cable/Video Practice Leader, Light Reading. "Our speaker lineup features MSO and vendor executives heavily focused on shaping those changes and making the most of them."
This year's roster of prime speakers includes:
- Shamim Akhtar, Distinguished Architect and Senior Director of Network Strategy, Comcast Cable (keynote)
- Jorge Salinger, Vice President, Access Architecture, Comcast Cable (keynote)
- Colin Dixon, Owner & Principal Analyst, nScreenMedia (keynote)
- Allen Broome, Vice President, IP Video Engineering, Comcast Cable
- Tom Gonder, Chief Architect, Time Warner Cable
- Nicholas Nielsen, Principal Architect, Time Warner Cable
- Jeff Finkelstein, Executive Director of Strategic Architecture, Cox Communications
- Steve Calzone, Director of Video Applications Development, Cox Communications
- John Dickinson, Senior Director of Network Architecture, Bright House Networks
- Marty Davidson, Vice President, Engineering and Network Operations, SCTE
- Dan Rice, Senior Vice President, Access Network Technology, CableLabs
- John Childress, Director of Product Management, Residential, WideOpenWest (WOW)
- Ed Lee, Vice President of Content Acquisition, Roku
- James Cahall, Chief Technical Officer, Toon Giggles
- Bob Hunt, Principal/Strategic Advisor, BroadbandBuzz
- Alison White, Senior Business Development Manager, Pandora
- John Holobinko, Strategic Business Consultant
Specifically, Cable Next-Gen Technologies & Strategies will examine cable's efforts to develop, deploy, and monetize such promising new technologies and services as IP video, cloud-based programming guides, Reference Design Kit (RDK) software, multi-screen video, OTT video, 4K video, and High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC). The live event will also explore cable's development of such promising broadband architectures and technologies as DOCSIS 3.1, Converged Cable Access Platform (CCAP), Ethernet PON (EPON), distributed architecture, WiFi, remote PHY, software-defined networking (SDN), and network functions virtualization (NFV).
Conference sponsors include: Alcatel-Lucent, Casa Systems, Cisco Systems, CommScope, Espial, Infinera, Juniper Networks, NetScout Systems, and QuickPlay Networks.
Cable Next-Gen Technologies & Strategies will take place Thursday, March 27 at the Cable Center in Denver. Speaking and sponsorship opportunities are still available. For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Light Reading
Light Reading (www.lightreading.com) combines its research-led online communities and targeted events portfolio to help those in the global communications industry make informed decisions. Lightreading.com is the ultimate source for telecom analysis for more than 350,000 subscribers each month, leading the media sector in terms of traffic, content and reputation. Light Reading produces targeted communications events and focused one-day conferences each year for cable, mobile, and wireline executives across five continents.
Beyond Words Communications Inc.
617 739 1769
SOURCE Light Reading