Leading industry experts headline 12th Annual Compliance and Ethics Institute
MINNEAPOLIS, April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Five distinguished leaders in compliance, governance, ethics, and government enforcement will address compliance and ethics professionals from across industries and across the globe during the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE) annual Compliance & Ethics Institute this fall, it announced today.
SCCE's 12th annual Compliance & Ethics Institute, slated for Oct. 6-9, at the Washington Hilton, Washington, DC, will include the following general session speakers:
- Judge Patti B. Saris, Chair, U.S. Sentencing Commission. Judge Saris has served as a United States district judge for the District of Massachusetts since 1994. Prior to her appointment to the district court, Judge Saris served as an associate justice for the Massachusetts Superior Court from 1989 to 1993. From 1986 to 1989, Judge Saris served as a federal magistrate judge for the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
- Stephen L. Cohen, Associate Director, Division of Enforcement, Securities and Exchange Commission. Mr. Cohen oversees a broad range of domestic and international enforcement activities, including investigations involving accounting fraud, insider trading, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, registered and unregistered securities offerings, broker-dealers, investment advisers and other regulated entities.
- Michael Josephson, President and Founder, Josephson Institute. Michael Josephson, a former lawyer, law professor, and successful entrepreneur, is one of the nation's most respected and sought-after speakers and consultants in the field of ethics and character, with a special expertise in the area of ethics and character in schools and the workplace.
- Michael Horowitz, Inspector General, Department of Justice. Michael E. Horowitz was confirmed as Inspector General for the Department of Justice (DOJ) by the U.S. Senate on March 29, 2012. As Inspector General, Mr. Horowitz oversees a nationwide workforce of approximately 450 special agents, auditors, inspectors, attorneys, and support staff whose mission is to detect and deter waste, fraud, abuse, and misconduct in DOJ programs and personnel, and to promote economy and efficiency in Department operations.
- Nell Minow, Board Member, GovernanceMetrics International and co-founder of The Corporate Library. Ms. Minow is a board member of GMI, an independent research firm that rates boards of directors of public companies and compiles research, study and critical thinking about corporate governance. She has written more than 200 articles about corporate governance. In 2002, Ms. Minow was named one of the 30 most influential investors of 2002 by Smart Money magazine and, in 2003 was dubbed "the queen of good corporate governance" by Business Week online.
About the Compliance Institute
SCCE's Annual Compliance & Ethics Institute is the primary education and networking event for professionals working in compliance and ethics around the world. At this meeting, attendees learn the latest methods and strategies for developing and improving their compliance programs in this rapidly growing and evolving profession.
The Compliance & Ethics Institute features more than 100 educational sessions, 130 speakers and offers the following six tracks:
- Risk Track
- Ethics Track
- Hot Topics in Compliance Track
- Multinational/International Track
- Case Study Track
- Advance Discussion Groups
For agenda details and the conference brochure visit http://complianceethicsinstitute.org
About the SCCE
The Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE), headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, is a non-profit professional member association that serves compliance and ethics professionals globally. The association provides resources and training to compliance professionals and champions ethical practices and compliance standards.
Visit the SCCE website at www.corporatecompliance.org.
SOURCE Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE)