RALEIGH, N.C., May 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleHealth Services, the nation's leading provider of healthcare grade televisions and interactive patient education solutions, announced it has expanded its interactive client base with some of the leading health systems in the country. Additionally, hospitals already using the TIGR solution have chosen to expand projects to continue adding performance improvements and affecting optimal outcomes for their patients. TeleHealth Services' TIGR solution gives hospitals full control over education initiatives, enabling clinicians and administrators to increase patient satisfaction, provide a higher level of patient safety and maximize Medicaid/Medicare reimbursements.
"We're proud to be able to partner with some of the leading healthcare systems in an attempt to improve the patient experience, staff performance and deliver a higher quality of care," said Dan Nathan, vice president and general manager of TeleHealth Services. "As the Joint Commission pushes hospitals toward providing education in plain-language in order to communicate in a manner that meets the patient's literacy needs, we're committed to working with our current and future customer base to provide the technology necessary to advance and meet point-of-care needs."
Recent wins and expansions include:
- Catholic Healthcare West - Northridge Hospital Medical Center
- Cleveland Clinic Health System - Huron Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Health System - Howard County General Hospital
- Henry Ford Health System - Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Health System - Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
- Kaiser Permanente - Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente - Kaiser Permanente Harbor City Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente - Kaiser Permanente Downey Hospital
- Piedmont Health System - Piedmont Hospital
- Piedmont Health System - Piedmont Fayette Hospital
- UNC Health Care - North Carolina Memorial Hospital
- WakeMed Health & Hospitals - WakeMed-Raleigh Campus
TIGR enables hospitals to improve the patient experience while increasing the value, quality and service of healthcare delivery. TIGR is an interactive patient and staff education system featuring on-demand access to a hospital's entire library of education videos. Additionally, the TIGR system makes information actionable. It allows hospitals to aid in the coordination of care, provide personally tailored decision aids and educational content, improve patients' use of preventive care services and integrate care across the recovery continuum.
"Our TIGR system serves as the cornerstone for our facility's drive for exemplary service," said Ruth Gonsoski, perinatal program manager at Northridge. "Our interactive education system provided the platform for winning all 19 Avatar awards for service, quality of care and patient education excellence throughout the hospital. Since the implementation, patient satisfaction scores have doubled due to the system's ability to better empower the patients during their recovery process. Patients want and need healthcare information in a quick and easy to comprehend manner. With TIGR, we're able to provide this information through a medium that is convenient and familiar to everyone while supplying them with hospital information, patient-specific content and the ability to provide real-time feedback during their stay. Evidence-based support combined with our TIGR interactive technology is changing the patient experience at our hospital."
About TeleHealth Services:
With more than 2,500 healthcare clients across the country, TeleHealth Services is the nation's leading provider of integrated technology and communications solutions for the healthcare market. Combining 50+ years of healthcare expertise and partnerships with industry leading manufacturers, TeleHealth Services is uniquely positioned to offer a full suite of hospital technology solutions that includes:
- Interactive patient and staff education platforms
- Healthcare-grade televisions and accessories
- Patient protection and security systems
- Bedside patient entertainment solutions
- The latest educational and entertainment content
- Custom designed communication systems
- Comprehensive design, implementation, and service packages
- Flexible financing solutions
Headquartered in Raleigh, N.C., TeleHealth Services is a division of Telerent Leasing Corporation. Telerent, founded in 1957, operates as a subsidiary of ITOCHU International, Inc. For more information on TeleHealth, call 800-733-8610, or visit at http://www.telehealth.com/.
SOURCE TeleHealth Services