SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Oct. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lear Corporation [NYSE: LEA], a leading global supplier of automotive seating and electrical distribution systems, today unveiled its new line of automotive fabric and leather concepts for customers around the world. The 2014 collection debuted at The Fillmore Detroit Theater during an event that featured interactive displays and presented live models with the stylish new car seats, both outfitted in Lear's new surface materials.
"With the previous launch of our Aventino® leather brand and recent acquisition of Guilford Performance Textiles, Lear now has unmatched capabilities in providing a wide range of unique seat covers," said Matt Simoncini, Lear's President and Chief Executive Officer. "We have a long history of excellence in cutting, sewing and assembling automotive seat covers. Our seat surface material capabilities now extend to a full range of custom finishing techniques, including laser etching, embroidery, embossing, perforations and polymer printing. We can design and develop anything our customers can imagine, and the purpose of our event today is to showcase our complete capabilities in automotive seating surface materials."
Lear's new collection features innovative processes for fabric and leather designs that also include options for unparalleled consumer choice in customization, durability and protection, delivered to address an OEM's requirements for value, vision and industry-leading quality.
"This new range of designs and technologies allows far more creativity for an OEM designer," said Ray Scott, Lear Executive Vice President and President, Seating. "Lear performed extensive research in fashion, architecture, home interiors and pop culture trends. Many of these new designs are a product of Lear's integration of Guilford Performance Textiles in 2012 and partnerships with other industry leaders."
Lear's leather and fabric collection incorporates six innovations in automotive seat surface materials that are branded as:
- Aventino® Signature – provides infinite design potential for customization through secondary processes, such as special perforation, embossing, laser etching and printing.
- Aventino® Defense – enables light leather color choices with dye transfer prevention and greater cleaning capability for enhanced leather protection.
- TeXstyle™ Defense – customizable layers with extra spill protection and greater prevention against staining, mildew, dust, and bacteria, which improves overall vehicle air quality, reduces static electricity and absorbs smoke odor.
- TeXstyle™ Enhance – builds an even more creative styling vision with embossing, printing, laser etching, embroidery and sonic welding for expressive aesthetics through color, texture and pattern placement.
- TeXstyle™ Lite – allows customers cost management flexibility to add design elsewhere without impacting appearance, performance or quality lightweight product for a seat's low wear areas.
- TeXstyle™ Tough – engineered for high wear applications that combine styling and sturdy construction in a product developed for exceptional durability.
"Our systems approach to craftsmanship includes global capabilities in cut-and-sew, lamination and processing of surface materials," added Matt Simoncini. "This allows for integrated seat development, resulting in quicker turnaround, elimination of hidden costs from multiple suppliers and better management of inventory levels and the total value chain. Most importantly, it results in a high value, high quality product line for our customers."
Lear's event also featured support of Art Road, the only 501c3 nonprofit in Michigan bringing art classes to schools where regular art curriculum has been eliminated due to budget constraints. Attendees had the opportunity to donate and bid on exclusive Lear-customized auction items to assist in providing art supplies and instructors to elementary schools in Detroit.
Lear Corporation is one of the world's leading suppliers of automotive seating and electrical distribution systems. The Company's world-class products are designed, engineered and manufactured by a diverse team of approximately 113,000 employees located in 36 countries. Lear's headquarters are in Southfield, Michigan, and Lear is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol [LEA]. Further information about Lear is available at http://www.lear.com/.
Image with caption: "Aventino® Signature provides infinite design potential for customization through secondary processes, such as polymer printing (shown here), special perforation, embossing and laser etching." Image available at: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20131024/MM03799-a
Image with caption: "Aventino® Defense enables light leather color choices with dye transfer prevention and greater cleaning capability for enhanced leather protection." Image available at: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20131024/MM03799-b
Image with caption: "TeXstyle™ Enhance builds an even more creative styling vision with embossing, printing, laser etching, embroidery and sonic welding. Lear is the exclusive supplier of laser etching in automotive seating." Image available at: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20131024/MM03799-c
SOURCE Lear Corporation